MegaSquirt or EManage Ultimate?

bumblebee

Member +
hey,

I have been offered both these units for around the same price...

i know a piggyback cannot be compared to a standalone so i'll like to know how difficult either will be to tune.

I have no experience with tuning and i will be going TD04 soon (not sure about going forged as yet)

any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The MegaSquirt is an assembled PCB 2.2 unit

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i would love the MS, but cos of me being a bit busy and i dont like taking the car off the road to make sure everything works with an MS, i wont be getting it until i find an easy way to fit it.

you can get it as a plug n play kit?

bumblebee

Member +
i would love the MS, but cos of me being a bit busy and i dont like taking the car off the road to make sure everything works with an MS, i wont be getting it until i find an easy way to fit it.

you can get it as a plug n play kit?

no, i'll be be getting the unit alone, same wth the EMU.

From my understanding....there are other things that are needed for the installation beside harnesses for the MS where as the EMU i can just get the harnesses and upload a map to start tuning? do you have experience with either?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
no, i'll be be getting the unit alone, same wth the EMU.

From my understanding....there are other things that are needed for the installation besides a harness? do you have experience with either?

got myself an EMU. you would need a harness for the EMU, a 3 bar map sensor if going over a bar... or to work better, and an injector adapter if you have the EMU version a,b,c,d

bumblebee

Member +
got myself an EMU. you would need a harness for the EMU, a 3 bar map sensor if going over a bar... or to work better, and an injector adapter if you have the EMU version a,b,c,d

ok, did you tune it yourself? i have been reading about the MS and so far modification has to be done to the TPS and something about a trigger wheel.

I am really leaning towards the EMU for ease of installation and Technical assistance...

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
ok, did you tune it yourself? i have been reading about the MS and so far modification has to be done to the TPS and something about a trigger wheel.

I am really leaning towards the EMU for ease of installation and Technical assistance...

was going to try myself but for the peice of mind and price wise is not much a friend will map it. still running unmaped

bumblebee

Member +
was going to try myself but for the peice of mind and price wise is not much a friend will map it. still running unmaped

ok, I just dont want to buy the MS and then get stuck with installing it, getting a base map and tuning (which i am goin to have to do myself)

Do you know of anyone who has successfully installed and tuned a MS on the 4EFTE?

Last edited:

Fro

Member +
The megasquirt that ccm were going to be doing seemed decent, was just plug in and go (cause it had a base map obviously) Id like something that easy!!

bumblebee

Member +
The megasquirt that ccm were going to be doing seemed decent, was just plug in and go (cause it had a base map obviously) Id like something that easy!!

me too...its in USA but if i convert the price it comes to $155.69 GBP...you might think i'll be crazy to even be thinking about it but i really dont know where to start...i am willing to do research but i want to see some proven results....the EMU has already proven itself over and over on the 4E...

forgot to mention the MS PCB V2.2 also comes with a Stimulator...