Meister R Zeta R coilover

Valdas

Member +
anyone using them how are they for a road driving? do u need phanrod kit with them when u lower the car?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Yes you need a panhard rod when fitting coilovers. I fitted a set of these the other day and the car drove brilliantly. Really good kit to fit.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
do not hesitate too buy these. great product an feels great too drive. ive had mine on almost 2 weeks an love them car handles brilliantly.

an yea panard will be needed. but some say not essential.

MeisterR

Lifer
I'll let other chime in on their view of MeisterR as I am sure I'll be bias. :D

The Panard rod will be recommended... many say they are not essential and I know many that run coilovers without it.
But if you can have it, then it is worth getting one along with the coilovers.

Valdas

Member +
I'll let other chime in on their view of MeisterR as I am sure I'll be bias. :D

The Panard rod will be recommended... many say they are not essential and I know many that run coilovers without it.
But if you can have it, then it is worth getting one along with the coilovers.

What about helper springs ? are they a good investment? My mate had them on the EVO8 and he swears by them he sais its the best thing after sliced bread

when you are putting thos coilovers on a glanza do you have to change other stuff as there is no panhard rod on a glanza are is that right?

MeisterR

Lifer
What about helper springs ? are they a good investment? My mate had them on the EVO8 and he swears by them he sais its the best thing after sliced bread

Helper Springs are pretty much useless on a dual perch coilovers such as the Zeta-R...

What a helper springs does is it takes up the slack between the top mount and the springs (if any)...
This are mainly for cars that use old style single perch coilovers and need a short spring in order to lower the car.
The resulting gap are not TUV / MOT legal... and there is a possibility that the springs can unseat itself at full droop (wheel in the air)... therefore you put "helper" springs on to take up the slack in case your car ever get any air time.

Another down side of helper springs are that they are design to fully compress on any weight (they have next to no springs rate)... So say you have a 50mm helper springs that will compress to 20mm, it mean as soon as you have that on your suspension system, you just lost 30mm of damper stroke travel.

This pretty much take out all the good point of a dual perch coilovers such as the Zeta-R... and is one huge leap backward in suspension design.
On a dual perch coilovers, you do not move the springs when you lower the car.
Therefore, no matter what ride height, your damper stroke travel will remain the same and the springs will never be loose... so there is no need for helper springs.

There are some time when you do use helper springs... but they are very limited.
You only have that if you need to have ridiculous amount of travel such as those found on a rally car.
Or you have a stripped out race car with super heavy race springs... therefore you need to use the helper springs to let the damper compress as there are not enough weight on the car to push the piston of the damper down... especially on heavy race springs (>20kg/mm sometime) !!!

That is one thing that had baffle me before because I do not understand why people need helper springs on a dual perch suspension setup other than for the reason stated above... and those generally never apply to any road car suspension.

MeisterR

Lifer
The panhard rod is the only bits that you really need.
The standard car do have a panhard rod, it is just that it is not adjustable.

When you lower the car, the geometry changes and you really want an adjustable panhard rod to get the alignment back in line.

Valdas

Member +
i
The panhard rod is the only bits that you really need.
The standard car do have a panhard rod, it is just that it is not adjustable.

When you lower the car, the geometry changes and you really want an adjustable panhard rod to get the alignment back in line.
@MeisterR respect man good piece of info u will be receiving a phone call from me soon 2-3 weeks time for a set of them half way there saving already thanks again

MeisterR

Lifer
Just wondering, how many of you guys using MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers are also using an Adjustable Panhard Rod?
If you are using an Adjustable PanHard Rod, what brand is it and how much was it?

Gtstu

Member +
The meisters are excellent and so was the delivery time im using a whiteline panard rod. Just need some meister brakes now .........

danturbo4311

Member +
Im running meisters with an RSR panhard rod. I am also running front & rear whiteline adjustable anti roll bars with adjustable drop links, there not essential but really helped when it came to getting the corner weighting done.