mini project

richglanzav

Member +
me and me dad finkin of goin halves on an old mini with wide arches sweet alloys and a roll cage init. ile get sum pics up if i get chance 2 take some.

its for sale with a 1275 gt engine i think it is. and also a partially built metro turbo lump as a spare, which owner reckons can go up to round 160bhp with some tasty mods safely.

this wud be my first project but my dad knows mini/rover/metro engines etc inside out its all he owned for years when he was a mechanic. so i wud basically be learning from scratch. just thought i wud see if any1 done any mini/metro projects engine transplants etc wud be interesting to see, and a turbo'd mini with some good power sounds very tasty indeed.

dreaming of a 4efte mini atm lol maybe one day if this goes well haha.

lingl9z

Member +
do it mate, minis are brilliant, me and a mate started reptopping one but the shell rotted way too much, will be good to see progress with it, i'll also be going down the mini route at some point - speak to sheldon he's got a nice clubman :)

richglanzav

Member +
holy shitballs lol 5350 for a RWD hayabusa conversion kit lol and i thought the starbos were expensive to get big performance out of haha

edit: plan wud probz be to build up the metro engine and get sum nice power out of it. see how it goes then maybe who knows what the future holds haha

Last edited:

munday

Member +
me and me dad finkin of goin halves on an old mini with wide arches sweet alloys and a roll cage init. ile get sum pics up if i get chance 2 take some.

its for sale with a 1275 gt engine i think it is. and also a partially built metro turbo lump as a spare, which owner reckons can go up to round 160bhp with some tasty mods safely.

this wud be my first project but my dad knows mini/rover/metro engines etc inside out its all he owned for years when he was a mechanic. so i wud basically be learning from scratch. just thought i wud see if any1 done any mini/metro projects engine transplants etc wud be interesting to see, and a turbo'd mini with some good power sounds very tasty indeed.

dreaming of a 4efte mini atm lol maybe one day if this goes well haha.

With 160bhp you will be chewing up and spitting out gearboxes thats for sure ;)

munday

Member +
Shove a k series engine in it out of a rover 25/mgf. Much lighter than the standard engine (and any other engine similar...vtec, xe etc) and great power out of them. A guy on 16v mini club has turbo'd a completely stock 1.4 k series running 9:1 CR to 1.5 bar and it still holding (!!!!)

:drive:

Monkfish

Member +
With 160bhp you will be chewing up and spitting out gearboxes thats for sure ;)

I'd be worried more about the fueling and management side of things first off as a 160bhp A-Series that isn't quite tuned right won't think twice about throwing a rod.

I recall one in Mini World many many years ago that had 208bhp. He rebuilt the bottom end every 3,000 miles because it would eat itself, and this was a properly tuned car. :homer:

munday

Member +
I'd be worried more about the fueling and management side of things first off as a 160bhp A-Series that isn't quite tuned right won't think twice about throwing a rod.

I recall one in Mini World many many years ago that had 208bhp. He rebuilt the bottom end every 3,000 miles because it would eat itself, and this was a properly tuned car. :homer:

Well getting any kind of mangement would be a start....they are carb'd as standard :homer:

Personally i wouldnt bother taking an a series that far, but some people love em :)

richglanzav

Member +
hmmmm i will do a lotta research b4 doin engine conversions on this, but sounds more sensible maybe a 4efte and gearbox mini then if i wanted some good power. maybe a hybrid ct9 setup at 1 bar on stock internals...

Monkfish

Member +
Well getting any kind of mangement would be a start....they are carb'd as standard :homer:

Well, yes, the earlier ones are. You'd be better tuning the later MPi A-Series, although there's nout like the sound of an NA A-Series running on twin SU's hooning about the place. :cool:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i got a clubman (3 days ago a fucker hit me at the back but luckily its just a boot that needs replacing!) i really like it. working on them is sooo easy! i was going to turbo the standard metro engine i have... but now im more than likely to do a mini shorty! so clubman will remain N/A.

they are very fun to drive mate even with the small 998 engine!! best part is round abouts and corners!

billybob

Untrusted Seller
nice one
509621593_8f8b3816bd.jpg
Classic-mini-Lambo-01.jpg
swift gti engine http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv207/billybob0909/untitled.jpg?t=1242082627