misfiring

Dazwin

Member +
my cars misfiring and im not to sure why, new plugs have gone in and not cured it, so tested my leads make sure they wasnt buggered all gave me different readings, im not to sure if thats good or bad. any help would b appreciated

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Hi mate,

Can you explain when the car is mis-firing? Have you checked for any water leaks as that is quite common. Remove the HT leades from the plugs and check something hasn't fallen down preventing a solid connection before you go buying parts you don't need :)

T

Dazwin

Member +
between 4-5k toby once its past 5k its fine and it only seems to happen wen i put my foot all the way down. all leads have come off and been checked and no problems with them it seems

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Can you see any corrosion at all where the plugs are? Does each one look identical in terms of colour? What plugs are you using and what are the gapped to? Are the leads in good conditon. no loose connections. Look at the plug end of the leads and make sure the connectors/contact between the leads and plug are clean and making a good connection.

Your not using different fuel or anything like that, poor quality etc? Also remove the dizzy cap and clean the contacts with a brush. That's all the free stuff out the way then! Also check the coil lead going to coil pack, middle lead on dizzy.

T

Dazwin

Member +
the plugs are brand new toby went in yesterday

checked all 5 leads all got continuity just a different reading on each 1 of them, they where a bit dirty plug end so cleaned them up and there mangecor (sp) 8mm leads

engine mods are:

Front mounted intercooler
Blitz bov
BLitz SBC ID boost controller set at 1 bar (no solenoid lol)
Re-Located air filter with stainless piping
Magnecor ignition leads
JAM BCC
Cat back stainless exhaust
decat
FSE fuel regulator