Missing connections after forging. plz help

glanza2281

Member +
hello,
I`ve just forged my engine and now i notice that the mechanic did not connect certain things back on the engine and I have no clue what these could be and what are their importance.

I am providing pics for the missing connection plz let me know what goes there.

Pic 1 - there are 2 things not connect here. I guess these must be some sensors (but where are the wires?):
http://www.picpaste.com/220820111044-gnTon59k.jpg

Pic 2- There seem to be 2 wires going in it..probably current and earth..but none of them connect and I cant find the wires either:
http://www.picpaste.com/220820111045-EA8XJlio.jpg

Pic 3- Seems that a vacuum line must go in here...not sure though...if so from where does it source the vacuum line?
http://www.picpaste.com/220820111046-R7mBJocr.jpg

Plz help me out with this.

thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
Pic 1: The top sensor is for air con, if its removed then dont worry about it. The bottom unconnected sensor is for the temp gauge in the dash, it should have a rectangular grey connector that slips over it, it comes out of the part of the loom that can be seen in that pic.

Pic 2: That looks like the solenoid for the charcoal cannister vac hoses, it wont affect the running of the car any so dont worry about that one.

Pic 3: I dont know about that one mate, is this a Glanza?

ryan-11

Member +
Pic 3 - im sure the bit u have pointed to just slids into a hole on the standard air box, it just holds it in place

Maybe he knew they were not needed ;)

i think u def need a temp gauge eh ?? and if he new u didnt need them i think he'd remove them true ???cause i no i would ! as for pulling wire's out of plugs thats just rough ! but what do i no iv only fixed one or 2

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
i think u def need a temp gauge eh ?? and if he new u didnt need them i think he'd remove them true ???cause i no i would ! as for pulling wire's out of plugs thats just rough ! but what do i no iv only fixed one or 2

It was a wind up lad, hence the stupid smiley at the end.

glanza2281

Member +
I think I forgot to mention that the pics are from an ep82 engine and the previous blown one was from an EP91. Car is EP91. When comparing with the blown engine I notice that these 2 swtich/sensor are not present. How could this be?

Can this lead to heating problems? After the rebuilt I was advised to stay under 3000rev for the first 500km and then move a bit further to just under 4000rev. Today while driving back home the car started to heat almost to redline. Could it be because this sensor is not connected? But whats strange is that during the first 500km of the car it was not heating. And now if i drive 5 mins with the car the temp indicator goes up very quickly even if i just drive under 2000rev.

What could be the issue?

glanza2281

Member +
I cannot test these because the heater not connected due to a faulty rad. It used to leak inside the car. So i got it disconnected.

glanza2281

Member +
No its not losing any water. how do i test the thermostat? I am realy worried if the rebuilt was not done properly. I bought a cruise 1.4mm headgasket from speedvision..but when i received it theres no indication that its a cruise one. came in blank carton box

glanza2281

Member +
I have removed the thermostat and its fine now. No heating problem. But the fan still would not come on automatically. i have to set it up on acc to be able to drive until i can find out what the fan problem is all about.. Any idea?

weeJohn

Lifer
Its the differences between the 91 and 82 engines. Your best bet would be to remove the 82 thermostat housing that has all the sensors on it and fit the 91 housing on in its place. Then all your connectors should fit and the fan will work.