Mitsubishi FTO

ChrisGT

Member +
FTSlow ?? Jest...

Never having driven one I can't properly comment tbh. But from what I've read and of what I've seen of them out and about, they aren't that quick tbh...not an upgrade, not much of a downgrade...maybe a direct replacement? But IMO, Glanza = better. Boost ftw :p

PS; you live in Jeddah? How comes!? I lived in jeddah for yeaaars! Good old saudia city :p

riko666

Member +
Speaking from knowledge?

But agreed for an Automatic...I've always liked them, they're known to be an alright car to drive (some claim one of the all time greatest FWD handlers...but so many people are ready to make such claims), and whilst outright the V6 isn't the most powerful or refined of engines (regardless, 197bhp out of a not too heavy car...)...my god, what a sound, and it loves to rev. I'm led to believe the 2.0 V6 wasn't always one of the most reliable powerplants (I think I recall something about overheating or similar...)

Plus Ferrari sued them as the FTO apparently was too similar in design to the Ferrari 550 Maranello...how cool is that?

alig4lyfe

Member +

FTSlow ?? Jest...

Never having driven one I can't properly comment tbh. But from what I've read and of what I've seen of them out and about, they aren't that quick tbh...not an upgrade, not much of a downgrade...maybe a direct replacement? But IMO, Glanza = better. Boost ftw :p

PS; you live in Jeddah? How comes!? I lived in jeddah for yeaaars! Good old saudia city :p

was born there and lived there about 13 yrs now currently living in Dublin

riko666

Member +
awesome chap, whereabouts? Always intrigued to know of fellow Saudi-ites! Sorry for clogging the thread :eek:

gv1.3

Admin
have driven the 2.0 V6 and it sounded like a motorbike but wasnt very impressed by the acceleration at all.

ChrisGT

Member +
Lets have a PM :eek: lol

And I have no knowledge to speak from unfortunately :(. There are 2 FTO's that park next to my GT but don't know what engines they are. Look slow though lol

alig4lyfe

Member +
The Spec for it
V6 24-valve MIVEC Engine

The sophisticated, powerful (200BHP@7500rpm) 2.0-litre V6 MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control) DOHC engine switches automatically between two sets of cam lobes: one for deft low rev response with muscular yet controlled torque, and the other for execptional top-end power. The result is a silky smooth ride at steady speeds, with a resonant, throaty bass roar that thrills the spirit when you decide to put the throttle down.

Engine Type 6A12

Valve System & Number of Cylinder DOHC24valve V6

Size(mm) 78.4*69.0

Exhaust(cc)1998

Compression Ratio 10.0

BHP / rpm 200/7500

Maximum Torque(kgf*m/rpm) 20.4/5000

gv1.3

Admin
that sounds impressive but the one I drove had the paddle gear change and the delay was terrible... it just didnt feel like a nice car to drive.

Ive also met them a couple of times in my Glanza and they are not very fast :)

ChrisGT

Member +
that sounds impressive but the one I drove had the paddle gear change and the delay was terrible... it just didnt feel like a nice car to drive.

Ive also met them a couple of times in my Glanza and they are not very fast :)

Naughty, naughty, very naughty! :p

riko666

Member +
stock for stock, quoted figures are similar for 0-60mph, but 0-60 times are very sketchy as the times depend on so many variables and are often not very repeatable...

I wonder how the two compare in the mid-range, like 50-70mph in top or 60-80mph in 3rd, 4th, and 5th. That'd be interesting

gv1.3

Admin
never said where/when or gave any details. Just some info the guy might find of use unlike some of the silly "I raced one on my private road blah blah blah" type comments :)

@ Riko: From my experience from 30 to 70 the Glanza is quicker by a bit not a huge amount. Ive seen one in Ireland with a FMIC, I assume it was turbo'd... that would be interesting...

alig4lyfe

Member +
i drove one earlier it was fast enoguh and was a comfy ride...

it was faster then my stock glanza...

i want something to cruise with :rockon:

gv1.3

Admin
i drove one earlier it was fast enoguh and was a comfy ride...

it was faster then my stock glanza...

i was something to cruise with :rockon:

I know someone who may have one for sale for cheap if you are seriously looking. He has a company car and the FTO is lying around looking for a good home.

alig4lyfe

Member +
I know someone who may have one for sale for cheap if you are seriously looking. He has a company car and the FTO is lying around looking for a good home.

wat year n wat spec it is? n roughly how much?
already dealing wit some1 now if the deal dosnt go throu ill let u know

gv1.3

Admin
think its a 96... its totally standard as far as I recall. The paintwork was rough on it but otherwise it was fine.

Not sure if he still has it. let me know anyway and I will give him a shout.