Member +
For sale: 1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4

Item Condition: Used

Price and price conditions: £3300

Extra Info:

MILEAGE: 67000 on car 70000 on engine

TAX EXPIRY DATE: feb 2010

M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: its due jan so we'll put a new one on regardless

DESCRIPTION: Was gonna put it up for sale back in september and that very day the engine went on us which was due to an oil jacket blockage in the engine. a real piece of bad luck!

so now new engine is in and its back up for sale

car has brand new coolant, engine oil and transmission oil and new gas'd aircon due to the engine swap. while on ramps we can also confirm it has no rust and is absolutely mint condition throughout

it has -

Facelift Ecu
k&n high flow panel filter (new)
magnecor 8.5mm comp leads (new)
iridium plugs (grade7) (new)
low temp sard stat (new)
de cat
powerflow custom exhaust
Turbosmart Evo hybrid dump valve - vents to air and recirculates

fully synth oil change (just done)
oil filter (just done)
coolant flush (just done)
new Radiator fitted
New cam belt and idlers 12k miles ago

yellow stuff front pads
red stuff rear pads
18' konig alloys
eagle F1 tires all round
also comes with standard alloys fitted with semi slicks

Facelift Bonnet
HID headlight conversion
headlights de-oranged
rear de-badged apart from Vr4 badge
Clear side repeaters
debadged wings
undersealed

also have a manual boost controller which at 1bar the old engine made 295hp with 317 ft lbs but its not back on new engine as i'd prefere to sell it standard giving the seller the choice to re-ad again.

Pictures:

legrearnight.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0135.jpg

IMAGE_077.jpg

IMAGE_073.jpg

IMAGE_071.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

Contact Details: PM or reply in thread

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Collection only

Kelly

Member +
Bump for this will be in southampton from 20th - 26th december if anybody down that end is interested.

Hazzagray

Member +
What are these like on insurance? nice motor, looking for something bigger just dont want to get stung! thanks

Kelly

Member +
What are these like on insurance? nice motor, looking for something bigger just dont want to get stung! thanks

This one (estate) is very cheap insurance. The galant (saloon) for some reason is expensive to insure. They dont seem to class this as the category it should be in, kinda like starlet turbo's.

Try a quote with admiral i'm sure you will be pleasantly suprised. Put it this way our 'normal car' almera sxe 2.2 diesel turbo is more expensive insure wtf? :haha:

i really want a second car for a luxury cruiser and i love this but i dont have 3k... bum

Doh go get some monies :D

Hazzagray

Member +
This one (estate) is very cheap insurance. The galant (saloon) for some reason is expensive to insure. They dont seem to class this as the category it should be in, kinda like starlet turbo's.

Try a quote with admiral i'm sure you will be pleasantly suprised. Put it this way our 'normal car' almera sxe 2.2 diesel turbo is more expensive insure wtf? :haha:
Thats great, ill et u know how it goes!

Kelly

Member +
I cant reply to your pm as it says your inbox is full here was my reply....

On admiral it counts as a galant estate import vr4 as they dont list a legnum there is no such thing as a galant estate import vr4 the japs just call them a legnum. The reg doesnt get recongnised coz its an import.

Hazzagray

Member +
I cant reply to your pm as it says your inbox is full here was my reply....

On admiral it counts as a galant estate import vr4 as they dont list a legnum there is no such thing as a galant estate import vr4 the japs just call them a legnum. The reg doesnt get recongnised coz its an import.

Cool, cleared my inbox now. I got a quote for one about £800 fully comp! quite a bit cheaper than my glanza currently!

Kelly

Member +
Nice car, and what a bargin, shame it aint a manual

I know did want a manual when i was buying this but the price difference was quite alot and i couldnt find one which had good service history and a fellow club vr4 owner.
Still its semi auto so its not too bad and it wont automatically change gear when you hit the limiters etc

GTti

Member +
Hi Kelly, I'm surprised this hasn't sold. I've noticed generally the prices have increased for the VR4. Best of luck.

Kelly

Member +
Hi Kelly, I'm surprised this hasn't sold. I've noticed generally the prices have increased for the VR4. Best of luck.

Aye i know, had somebody come view who's also looking at another one for over a grand more but the other has suspension and its from a trader, prices are mad but unfortunately i forgot that selling a car = timewasters.

Kelly

Member +
Surely somebody wants (or knows someone who wants) an awesome 300bhp estate? :D

Seriously anyone thinking these things can't shift watch the track videos of them spanking cars on track on youtube.

Anyway she's getting taxed tomorrow so shall have 6months tax now too.

£2900