mobile broadband (dongles)

Nayls

Member +
anybody on here use a dongle for mobile broadband??

im considering changing to one as at the mo i have bt router which is obviously fast,but im paying £15 for line rental on top of the broadband which is really a waste as i dont make calls from my landline.

so..anybody use a dongle & reccomend one that's quite fast? also allows a decent amount of net time or is uncapped.

i dont download a lot but im on the next 4-5 hours a day.

whiteglanzav

Member +
anybody on here use a dongle for mobile broadband??

im considering changing to one as at the mo i have bt router which is obviously fast,but im paying £15 for line rental on top of the broadband which is really a waste as i dont make calls from my landline.

so..anybody use a dongle & reccomend one that's quite fast? also allows a decent amount of net time or is uncapped.

i dont download a lot but im on the next 4-5 hours a day.

i use a 3 dongle at work - it costs 15 per month and i think it has like 2 gig of usage and i am on here like all day every day and it never gos over the limit lol

(may not be 5 gig but woteva it is i dont go over it)

and also it is not slow either

Nayls

Member +
i use a 3 dongle at work - it costs 15 per month and i think it has like 2 gig of usage and i am on here like all day every day and it never gos over the limit lol

(may not be 5 gig but woteva it is i dont go over it)

and also it is not slow either

do you know what speed you're getting mate? could you pop on to broadbandspeedtest & check?

sounds good either way :) thanks

pig666eon

Member +
mines pretty fast im able to play ps3 online it uses about 70mb for a days play i think its great i have a 3 dongle

Arnold

Lifer
Used to have a Vodafone dongle and an Orange dongle, but they were both shockingly slow. They were meant to support 3G but it only did GPRS, and was pretty terrible. Probably just the area i live in. Obviously has its advantages being mobile but if you can live with being at home on a wireless connection then stick with that!

Fizturbo

Member +
Av used a pay n go 3G dongle as temporary in the past,was a bit of a mission to top up,and pc got hit with virus :(

lingl9z

Member +
I have a 3 Dongle which isnt all that bad (got it with a laptop) £30 a month with 15gb usage during the day time its pretty quick (around 3-400kbps) when it hits around 5pm it slows down to the point it takes ages to ever open a page, It'd never complete a download either would get to 99% and hang! depends what you need it for etc.

whiteglanzav

Member +
I have a 3 Dongle which isnt all that bad (got it with a laptop) £30 a month with 15gb usage during the day time its pretty quick (around 3-400kbps) when it hits around 5pm it slows down to the point it takes ages to ever open a page, It'd never complete a download either would get to 99% and hang! depends what you need it for etc.

only downloads i use is like driver updates for printers etc and it does them fine !!

lingl9z

Member +
Yeah During the day it's pretty decent but for some reason it dies around 5pm, could just be my area though as that plays a huge part with dongles!