modified rear strut brace?

Lawrence

Member +
Any one got pictures of a front oem strut Brace modified to fit rear? Was thinking about doing this as i dont care what strut brace really looks like, However when looking at my one looks like its going be tight with the rear seats. Im sure someone has done this?

G5EGM

Lifer
there's a good few folks done it on here....not sure who all its is but here's a pic of someones iv found....

DSCF0093.jpg

Iv also got a front standard brace for sale if u need.....make me an offer ;)

Lawrence

Member +
Thats brilliant dan just checked your garage car looks mad. The extra pic show that you have taken both ends off and put them on the oposite ends so it leens other way I see now. Love mods like this that cost nothing :)

Lawrence

Member +
hmmm i just checked my car and i only have 2 top strut bolts and there the other way how come you have 4? Maybe cause mine is a mk1? Anyway i think mine will be leaning the wrong way and rear seats wont clip in ??????

dac69er

Super Moderator
mk1s only have the 2 for the strut tops. later models have 2 extra threaded stubs so you can fit the optional rear strutbrace!

Lawrence

Member +
Thanks for clearing that up. I think i can swap the ends over to make it lean the other way its abit of i mind f**k obviously he didnt have to do that.

Lawrence

Member +
hmm probably not really, looks like easy cheap thing to do though might stiffen it up abit i dont have coilovers.