modifying turbos

ryanjfo

Member +
getting a vf22 and wanting to know is it possible to make 300kw on the 1.3 with that turbo....currently have a vf28 and thats making 240kw on 25psi will that turbo reach my power goal...i dont want to change out of the vf series turbos because the bolt pattern is all the same and i dont want to pay to change the entire setup again....

finx

Member +
i have heard of people making 400+kw in subis with these turbos. im sure it will be big enough to do the job. someone with more experience with these turbos may be able to contribute more thou as im not that clued up on them

GP82

Member +
You will get the power, it is capable of flowing 400hp, but the drive of the car will change, don't expect a broad powerband, it's going to be like nothing, nothing and nothing then bang at 'bout 5500rpm on the 4E and all hell will break loose. Good for drag, but for daily/street driving = no good. This is because the exhaust housing and turbine wheel (i think?) is bigger on the 22 compared to the 28. When are you reaching boost on the 28?

ryanjfo

Member +
You will get the power, it is capable of flowing 400hp, but the drive of the car will change, don't expect a broad powerband, it's going to be like nothing, nothing and nothing then bang at 'bout 5500rpm on the 4E and all hell will break loose. Good for drag, but for daily/street driving = no good. This is because the exhaust housing and turbine wheel (i think?) is bigger on the 22 compared to the 28. When are you reaching boost on the 28?

bout 3500rpm i think...

Fatman

Member +
Definitely not full boost, it's pretty laggy - starts to produce boost from 3.5k, boost is all in just after 5k