Modifying your front bumper

tupac_healy

Member +
Hey folks,

I was thinking of modifying my front bumper, I wanted to cut out the piece in the middle (the part with the long straight bits of plastic, right by the licence plate) and throwing in some mesh, it would give the car more of a jap aftermarket look in my opinion.

I could also move the licence plate to just by the passanger side spot light, how do ye think this would work out? would it be worth doing?

h3ppy

Member +
have a look around the members garages, loads of people have done this for the front mount intercoolres like myself! looks good in my opinion!

tupac_healy

Member +
Best thing to cut it is a serrated knife or hacksaw.
Cut from the back while watching the lines on the front

I had a quick look at this, what do you do with the holes that are left when you cut the tips of the centre piece out (where it is joined to the bumper)

starbogt

Member +
I had a quick look at this, what do you do with the holes that are left when you cut the tips of the centre piece out (where it is joined to the bumper)

Depends how neat you want it! I left mine as it was. Best bet would be to fibreglass and filler the holes then paint it

KrissyB

Member +
DSC01409.jpg

ill try and grab a better piccy

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
ime going to do this as ive just got a fmic and the mesh looks shit in there mate does achieve the halfords look indeed and i wouldnt do it before you get a fmic as it wont achieve anything?? the whole point is to move the number plate to the side so more air gets in ure fmic so unless you have one it wont do anything for you just let everyone no you have a shit looking rad and a big hole in ure bumper lol!

y3Lo

Member +
im going to do this aswell, have a fmic coming soon. only reason i was going to mesh it is because i thought it would give the front mount some protection from stones etc?