More Boost = Less Smoke?

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Right lately when my GT warmed up it was smoking a bit then when i wud stop in traffic it wud get much worse. I thought maybe the turbo was on its way out or cud be to do with pcv.

But today i upped the boost to 1bar and took it on a test run to find the car not smoking at all anymore. I then left it running at home to let temp get to its highest point and only very small bit came out. Cud this maybe mean my car had been slightly overfuelling?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
No it's just ur turbos seams r on there way out they do this some times

The way its acting id be moree inclined to think its stem seals, but yeah it could be the turbo seals.. though id be more inclined to think its the stem seals.

kon

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
what about if it smokes when slowing down to a roundabout?

on over-run (ie when ur in engine-break) if you have smoke, particcularly blue smoke it probably indicates that your rings are wearing thin.. just in case get a compression test done to make sure all is fine mate.

it could mean other things but during deceleration the 1st hint is towards the rings.

Kon

dac69er

Super Moderator
on over-run (ie when ur in engine-break) if you have smoke, particcularly blue smoke it probably indicates that your rings are wearing thin.. just in case get a compression test done to make sure all is fine mate.

it could mean other things but during deceleration the 1st hint is towards the rings.

Kon

i was under the impression that if your on overrun then touch the accelerator or come to a stop and get smoke then it is often the stem seals??

thought smoke due to worn rings were more under acceleration?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Right lately when my GT warmed up it was smoking a bit then when i wud stop in traffic it wud get much worse. I thought maybe the turbo was on its way out or cud be to do with pcv.

But today i upped the boost to 1bar and took it on a test run to find the car not smoking at all anymore. I then left it running at home to let temp get to its highest point and only very small bit came out. Cud this maybe mean my car had been slightly overfuelling?

exactly how mine acted when the turbo seals started to go. drive it harder or with more boost and it would tend to smoke less. changed the turbo and it was clear as a whistle

Chris@CCM

Member +
i was under the impression that if your on overrun then touch the accelerator or come to a stop and get smoke then it is often the stem seals??

thought smoke due to worn rings were more under acceleration?

IMO ur rite I've seen it and fixed it manny times