MOT- Failed emmisions

swiftgti

Fresh Recruit
Car is a 1991 GT running TD04 and supporting mods.

I was led to believe that my car couldnt failan MOT for emmisions due to VOSA not actially having the car in its records. The tester disagreed and said i had to bring back some sort of proof that what i was saying had any backing?

Anyone have any responses from vosa or advice?

Stephen.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Ask to see the car data he is using

the fact is he wont have any. or it will be on the wrong car so wont count anyway. if its a 91 you have to pass a very basic emission test, it must have a problem or not be setup if its failed that.

swiftgti

Fresh Recruit
With the figures he's using,,,,

It says max limit 3.500

My Actual Value was 4.259

Is this way to high??

Stephen

Adam_Glanza

Member +
is yours a late or early 91 reg mate?

it should of had to only done an idle test but looks like hes done a full fast idle test instead

or was that the idle figures *edit*

Adam_Glanza

Member +
you might find the rules changed for cats in late 91 after september so you may be in the bracket for cat testing? im not 100% on that ill have to double check.

further info would be nice to tho from any m.o.t testers out there

dac69er

Super Moderator
i think its 92 onwards mate. so basically anything in the 91 bracket is fine.

but as stated before its an import so shouldnt matter anyway

GTwayne

Member +
Mine passed recently and I have a TD04 on a forged engine that's yet to be set up properly, it was done with the same max limit for CO of 3.500 mine read 0.277.

its got to do a basic test, it will tell him in the book, if you have a FPR turn it down a couple of turns and that should sort it out, just dont forget to put it back after

Timmy

Member +
yeh 3.5% is a fail your very rich i would say. If your car is set up purely on an fpr that'll be why. If you had a fuel computer of sorts you wouldn't over fuel off boost. Anyway the fix is to turn the fpr down but remember to turn it back up again before you drive it on boost.

swiftgti

Fresh Recruit
I am running a fuel pressure regulator along with a dastek uni-chip that has been mapped.

So god knows why its running so rich.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Stephen.