motorbike air filter?

durmz

Member +
just a small idea i had, has anyone stuck a motorbike filter on the end of a ct9?

gotta make it more responsive? and alot cheaper than a relocation kit at ten pounds. not alot of heat soak down there?

thoughts?

Spoonz

Member +
a fair few ppl have wen doin relocations kit i think its a good idea tbh if u mean on the end of the efi pipe then no but has a relocation filter yes

durmz

Member +
yer i mean litterally on the turbo, the diameter of the inlet on the ct9 is 40mm and there air filters this size on ebay for like 7 pounds :homer: wondered if it would filter enough? or be restrictive because its so small etc? heck why aint everyone doing it basically?? lol

Spoonz

Member +
not necessary has it will only suck in the amount of air it wants (if that make sense) i think if u do a search u will see the ones im on bout they still made 160-170bhp aith them so cant really be restricting it

durmz

Member +
It's small, so would it not restrict it?

yer this is summit i thought too mate, but u can get the foam ones, so the whole area of the filter is letting in if that makes sence, asin without a big metal top on it, wasting surface area

durmz

Member +
i swear to god im putting togethor such a cheap build haha, got a double rx7 top mount for pennies, got a ported manifold in the pipeline, and a motorbike filter haha

toymotaadam

Member +
i got motorbike filter on mine sounds a beast nothing like wat u get from normal air filter very responsive on spool to.
ps this is strait onto the turbo

Spoonz

Member +
i swear to god im putting togethor such a cheap build haha, got a double rx7 top mount for pennies, got a ported manifold in the pipeline, and a motorbike filter haha

that ic was awsome m8 seen that was a very good price :)
ported manis work extremly good trust me from experiance and motorbike FTW :haha:

durmz

Member +
that ic was awsome m8 seen that was a very good price :)
ported manis work extremly good trust me from experiance and motorbike FTW :haha:

yer just gotta try and fit it haha god knows how.

im begining to sound more and more like frankenstein. muuhhaahaha lmao

motorbike filter FTW!

rekon ide get much creep with this? my wastegates ported, and ive got an avcr boost controller, hopefully this combined will take good control of it

Spoonz

Member +
bike filter is far too small imo it will hold it back

only 1 way to find out :)
yer just gotta try and fit it haha god knows how.

im begining to sound more and more like frankenstein. muuhhaahaha lmao

motorbike filter FTW!

rekon ide get much creep with this? my wastegates ported, and ive got an avcr boost controller, hopefully this combined will take good control of it

if the small filter dont work i have a filter u can have for a cheap rate ;)

the ported wastegate should stop it but u wont know untill uve put it on

toymotaadam

Member +
it like having no filter on theres no piping the air needs to go through. recommend cold air feed tho
not sure on the size i measure it 2moz 4 u

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
im trying to look for the biggest bike filters there are, theres fairly big ones for mx bikes it seems, not too sure what im looking at, theres a few on ebay but they look like cheap shit, i wanna get sumthing worth having, sumthing decent. and some carb filters are quite large...im still searching, thanks for inputs, just what im looking for.

bike filter is far too small imo it will hold it back

as much as the stock efi pipes and airbox u rekon? found a few fairly large carb filters, anything that will fit down there will do i suppose

toymotaadam

Member +
remember the turbo spins circular motion so i will suck air in same way sumat do with the way air spins can give better combustion molecules and all the science crap.it has full 360 degrees to suck air in so will suck air in that way in spool formation rather than air trying to go in a every angle.

lingl9z

Member +
If its the K&N type motorbike filter there pretty restrictive not as restrictive as the the EFI pipe afaik, although theres Foam motorbike filters like the itg ones and there alot better!

Kev

Member +
how about like this.........

airfilter2

Plenty of cold air down there, out of the way of the engine bay, easy to removed and clean, can be done even without taking the bumper off. Sounds pretty good too lol!

Kev