Muffler/Back Box seperated from rear pipe

rb69

Member +
Hi, I need some help fixing my exhaust. Basically the back box has become seperated from the rear pipe, the circular bit it attaches onto. It is a clean break and looks like the welds have just gone. What would be the best way to fix this. I tried quik steel but it was crap. Someone has recommended something called Dum Dum, would this work or will it need re-welding?

Cheers

Rory

Lifer
Buy a new exhaust, gum gum wont sort it. A welder mabey could if theres still good metal to work with.

rb69

Member +
Great, didn't really want to have to buy a new system. With it being an Apexi system I take it just buying a new Muffler is out of the question?

matt walters

Member +
could use a slightly larger peice of pipe and use it like a sleeve so weld either side, but youd have to have enough pipe to work with and the sleeve pipe would need to be a real good fit else itd just crack the welds again

rb69

Member +
No its not rusted to pieces the metal is in good condition no corrosion. Here are some pics, I tried using quik steel on it with no joy.

stuarty1

Member +
dont uses that gumgum putty stuff it will stay on for a while till it hits a bump on the road then falls off and gets wrecked just get it welded a good welder can weld prety much any thing