my boost guage reads 30 inhg what psi is this car hits fuel cut

Weyro

Member +
thats about 15 psi, INmg is basically double psi.

Fuel cut is around 12 psi, or 24 INmg, roughly.

milly420

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reply my car is ep82 and the hi/lo boost solernoid has been removed, filter straight of turbo, gutted cat and aftermarket exhaust uknown type and now cant get boost below a bar no boost controller or fcd

Weyro

Member +
do you have an adjustable actuator?

When you look at it is the rod threaded?

this is a standard one:
act5oh7.jpg

AdamB

Member +
Yes it will restrict it, do you have a FCD? Not quite sure how you can hit 15 psi without hitting fuel cut. As the ecu would cut the fuel once it sees over a certain voltage at the map sensor.

AdamB

Member +
You can try putting something over the air filter to restirct it. For example, put tape round one side of the filter, bit of a bodge job but unless you got the correct mods to set it up it can cause damage.

milly420

Fresh Recruit
the engine has just been rebuilt so im going to try and reinstall hi/lo boost setting as some 1 has removed it as i only want 2 run in as going tdo4 think this is best can any 1 help with reinstalling hi/lo boost in ep82

Texx

Super Moderator
The hi/lo boost system won't work if your getting boost creep. You may need to refit the stock EFI pipe and catalytic converter to bring boost pressure back under control.