**my Clio 172**

aaronw

Member +
hey as some of you know the hassel i had getting a gt on tuesday ill not explain again.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71587

new pics after 2hours cleanin it,claybar + polish

P1000780.jpg

P1000781.jpg

P1000783.jpg

P1000782.jpg

here is the clio 172 i bought

1 of 14 in yellow

very impressed with the handeling and n/a power.

litterally went out 5mins ago and took it in the rain,unpolished ect.

P1000779.jpg

Eibach lowering springs (30mm)
Carbon fibre bonnet
Stainless centre back exhaust
Anthracite Turini's

been told with no comformation but 'kill list' its been remapped with cam's.
im new to n/a power.

this car is known for beating type r's,cupra r's ect in aberdeen (previous owner).

i got to say i really like this car,so much fun.

Aaron :drive:

Last edited:

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Get the carbon bonnet sprayed, it doesn't look right on a Clio, plus it'll be steathier too. Good choice though, they're good cars.

wesgt

Lifer
love these!! serious cars to handle, they just don't give up in corners at all! i sold a 182 recently and i was sorry to see it go, i'll get a 172 some day when one pops up. looks really good in yellow, i'd leave the bonnet and get a carbon bootlid also.
the 182 i had has no problem taking care of type r civics or integras. love the grunt out of them and they're not slow at all! lots of torque too, press d boot in any gear and you're away!
good luck with it :)

aaronw

Member +
cheers guys

fro - did you ever see him rag it ect,i never actually met the guy,his dad did all the deal for him/me.

wesgt - it is alot better than i was expecting,i love it and plan to keep it for a while.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Bet it wouldn't beat my type R he he he.

That looks smart mate, like that colour alot on them Renaults. Dont like the carbon bonnet though.

What you looking to use it for as your getting a cage?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
love these!! serious cars to handle, they just don't give up in corners at all! i sold a 182 recently and i was sorry to see it go, i'll get a 172 some day when one pops up. looks really good in yellow, i'd leave the bonnet and get a carbon bootlid also.
the 182 i had has no problem taking care of type r civics or integras. love the grunt out of them and they're not slow at all! lots of torque too, press d boot in any gear and you're away!
good luck with it :)

Not trying to start anything here, so please, im just stating a fact. A JDM ITR has 20BHP more and weighs 20KG more then the clio. The right driver behind an ITR(JDM) will pull past with no problem at all. I know i cane the hell out of 182's. A 182 would not beat any type R in a straight line. Very much on par with EK9 stock and EP3's.

From my experience the 182 was exactly the same speed as my EK when it was stock and full interior and an ITR is a fair amount quicker then stock EK9.

Last edited:

aaronw

Member +
dont get me wrong im not saying every type r or anything,just the ones he mentioned.

i can see why people wouldnt like carbon on a clio (before i bought it id proberly of thought the same),aswell as the colour but i like it,which is why im guna keep it and improve/alter the car to my taste :)

not that i need to justify it but the cage wont be bought straight away,but i will definetly track the car in the future,once my coilovers are here,and been r/r'd ect.

Aaron

potts

Member +
That looks sweet. Loving the carbon bonnet, don't paint it as carbon is gorgeous and looks good with the dark wheels

Dan3SGTE

Member +
dont get me wrong im not saying every type r or anything,just the ones he mentioned.

i can see why people wouldnt like carbon on a clio (before i bought it id proberly of thought the same),aswell as the colour but i like it,which is why im guna keep it and improve/alter the car to my taste :)

not that i need to justify it but the cage wont be bought straight away,but i will definetly track the car in the future,once my coilovers are here,and been r/r'd ect.

Aaron

I was only messing with ya anyway buddy :)

Nah thats wicked, track days are awesome. And that will be a right hoot around the track.

Keep us updated mate

wesgt

Lifer
Not trying to start anything here, so please, im just stating a fact. A JDM ITR has 20BHP more and weighs 20KG more then the clio. The right driver behind an ITR(JDM) will pull past with no problem at all. I know i cane the hell out of 182's. A 182 would not beat any type R in a straight line. Very much on par with EK9 stock and EP3's.

From my experience the 182 was exactly the same speed as my EK when it was stock and full interior and an ITR is a fair amount quicker then stock EK9.

i forgot to mention mine was close to 200bhp with a few nice mods, would prob have sorted your type r out :D

STARLET N/A

Member +
Car looks mint. Needs to be abit lower for my liking.

A carbon tailgate would look nice with the black bonnet and the cage you have planned

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i forgot to mention mine was close to 200bhp with a few nice mods, would prob have sorted your type r out :D

haha, cheeky.

Yeah a clio with 200BHP would be fast. I went against one with 192BHP dyno proven and was quite impressive compared to stock ones. Still, had no problem taking him :drive:

wesgt

Lifer
yeh the b18 in civics are impressive, the eg one i had wasn't slow at all!
anyway, back on topic, that clio is lovely :haha: