my conversion help ???????

djindiano

Member +
i have been doing a conversion on my 92 starlet i put a glanza turbo engine in it with the gt interor loom and gt engine loom i also put a fuel pump in it two and i have eveything together and when i start the car it idels at 1,000 rpm and when i rev it it revs to 2,000 rpm then it dies and goes back to 1,500 rpm then back to 2,000 then dies agen

does any have any ideas ???????
need help badly :(

Texx

Super Moderator
The IDL signal shorted to ground would cause what your describing. Try disconnecting the TPS and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, remove the connectors from the ECU and using a multimeter check for continuity between the bottom pin of the TPS connector and a good body ground, also check for continuity between the bottom and middle pins of the TPS connector. There should be no continuity.

djindiano

Member +
oh and another thing when i put my foot down the car will rev up but when i take my foot off and put it back down it dies and has no power

djindiano

Member +
The IDL signal shorted to ground would cause what your describing. Try disconnecting the TPS and see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, remove the connectors from the ECU and using a multimeter check for continuity between the bottom pin of the TPS connector and a good body ground, also check for continuity between the bottom and middle pins of the TPS connector. There should be no continuity.

i will try it thank you man it is recking my head lol

dark_knight

Member +
Texx - your one stop solution-centre :)

Texx is always the man to look for when you have haste, whatever it may be.. :D
should we have a 'Texx day' on the forum..? :D lol

wildchild

Member +
you sure its not the MAP sensor? try revving with the MAP sensor wire removed..
also check if the ecu model and MAP sensor number are identical.