my dads car!!

richglanzav

Member +
hey guys a disaster is coming, my dad is gna buy a faster car than me!! he is a petrol head like me lol and looks like he got his eyes set on an enthusiast owned seat ibiza cupra R with a full stage 3 IHI kit from jabbasport! 1.8 20v turbo and its got 342bhp! souped up to the max lol...my dads reasoning was 'well its cheaper to run than a skyline or evo8'.

this thingis fuckin stupid quick lol, but how wud it compare in a race with my glanza if i got over 200bhp at the wheels? just a chill out room question, just wondered. it ay like im afraid of my dad beating me...honest :)

richglanzav

Member +
cupra

i dnt know lads he told me its his mates' mate who owns it i dnt av a link but ile find one 4 ya asap. all i kno is that its white lol ile get more info when i speak 2 me dad.

just wondered rly yeh in a race like a drag? i assume it wud kick my ass even if i ad 250oddbhp. its gta rly rly rly rly rly rly shift with 342hp. my dads mate says its faster than a ferrari 360 lol

richglanzav

Member +
cupra

oh soz mate i dnt kno if its the one or not ile ask me dad when i next c him. and yeh petty much thought it wud stuff the starlet lol.

J

jakeGT

give up while your ahead lol!...youl need 300+bhp to stay with it,a lad near me has a 400bhp golf and NOTHING stays with it....you would need to slag the glanza big time and go 5e 300++bhp etc to stay with it,its a vw engineered car and will keep going for ages and will last longer than a Starlet,theyre very well engineered cars....looks nice too and cheap

TomS

Lifer
@ the above link "but with brisk driving i am achieving 33-35mpg" I doubt it with 341bhp more like 13-15mpg. lol:p

Monkfish

Member +
I hope your Dad has shares tyres, it'll go through front sets like they're going out of fashion. I hope he's got shares in Seat too, that thing will eat engine sensors. It will also eat your Starlet, then leave a nice curly starlet shit on your doorstep to tread in. :homer:

A mate of mine has an Ibiza, I last saw it on a dyno pushing 225bhp with shagged valve seals and what turned out to be a cracked piston ring. Fucking thing still belted out 270lbs.ft of torque. :eek:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
I hope he's got shares in Seat too, that thing will eat engine sensors.

something we are finding out with mum's new Leon. it didn't even last a day before the EPC light came on and put the car into limp mode. car's been with seat for the last 2 weeks waiting for a new ECU. it's less than a month old!

the Ibiza, however, never had any major problems with that one .

Kelly

Member +
give up while your ahead lol!...youl need 300+bhp to stay with it,a lad near me has a 400bhp golf and NOTHING stays with it

I know for a fact that a 350bhp 'revvo' golf cant keep with a 250bhp starlet turbo. So its not about matchin certain cars bhp.

But yeh that thing is guna be quick :p

J

jakeGT

lol....ive seen it happen a 200+at the wheels starlet vs a 400bhp golf,the golf left it for dead,the golfs are heavier too...the starlet would need to be mental like 250+at the wheels

gv1.3

Admin
something we are finding out with mum's new Leon. it didn't even last a day before the EPC light came on and put the car into limp mode. car's been with seat for the last 2 weeks waiting for a new ECU. it's less than a month old!

the Ibiza, however, never had any major problems with that one .

My Aunt had a leon for a week from brand new and the same ting happened... car into limp mode with EPC light on.

Spoke to a guy recently who bought a fleet of passats for his company and ALL of them have had issues with sensors going also.

The build quality of VW's is certainly not what it used to be.