My feedback on installing powerflex mounts

squeekyduck

Member +
Well what can I say, absolute nightmare is the word. They are so tight to install it took me a whole day to install all 3. I am talking about installing them into the car and not actually fitting thrm to the mount itself, although, that is a job in itself!
I though they would give enough room to play with while putting in the bolt to hold the mount, like the origionals, but they are so tight!
I would go as far as saying that they are the worst mod to fit.
If I was doing it over I would deffo go for the TRD ones.
On the plus side, I know my engine is not going to move at all!

turbojim

Lifer
does your car vibrate? lol mine does after i put em in

and i didn think they were that bad i had an engine crane tho
the back one is a biatch alright:shoot:

squeekyduck

Member +
does your car vibrate? lol mine does after i put em in

and i didn think they were that bad i had an engine crane tho
the back one is a biatch alright:shoot:

I found the back one the easiest! The front left was the hardest. I was using a JCB! They just gave no room to play with while installing.

I dont know what the car is like when running as I am still connecting the wiring. But I know it doesnt move when I shake it!

turbojim

Lifer
ah rite iv used a mini digger before to remove and put n an engine definately easier wit the engine crane

which order did you put them in? i done t belt one then gearbox upper then gearbox lower

turbostar

Member +
I fitted mine the other week 1 by 1 with just a jack to support the engine the hardest part i found was fitting back on the rear center gearbox mount,
also after useing a hammer and screwdriver to bash the 1st metal ring out, i asked my mate to use his bearing press to push out the other 2 so much easier.

now ther fitted and the cars back on the road yes the car vibrates a bit more on idel at light etc but i can live with it, when going it drives lovely
the engine is solid :)