My first Starlet :)

Knoxy

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys, total newbie on this website. I just bought myself my first Starlet SR, hoping to learn alot of good info from this website. Ive had a few problems with it so far, petrol tank is leaking, There is a very occasional screeching noise when the engine is cold... maybe the timing belt? and the rear drums are scratching. Plus some fanny scratched 'JDM' on the side (see pics below) :(not sure how I feel about that :p but on the plus side its a starlet and its awesome lol anyways here she is, let me know what you think :)

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Last edited:

Knoxy

Fresh Recruit
thanks sanchez, thats excactly what she is, a project, cant wait to make her look beautiful lol and tosh the plans are:

Glanza sideskirts, Glanza Rear bumper, Glanza spoiler, proper alloys, full body respray, front fogs lol few performance fixes i.e the trd quickshift needs to be fixed, too heavy when changing gears, new petrol tank, rear shoes... im sure theres a few more... then after all that, might even fire in an fte :)

td04 project:)

Member +
Hi mate, im good pals with lee the boy you bought this off, was pure shocked when i seen it their lol defo good base for a project bud hope you see it through unlike lee haha give me a pm if you sell your alloys, i was going to buy them off him before he sold it.

Allan

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
hey mate, as said.. nice base for a project.

why not upgrade to a glanza rear axle with discs? its a straight swap! and you can get it fairly cheap from a breaker! it wont be the same price as changing pads surely but if yout thinking of puting an fte in, it would help you for your future plans:)

nice one, and welcome

Knoxy

Fresh Recruit
Hi mate, im good pals with lee the boy you bought this off, was pure shocked when i seen it their lol defo good base for a project bud hope you see it through unlike lee haha give me a pm if you sell your alloys, i was going to buy them off him before he sold it.

Allan

thanks man :) I will see it through, keep checking in on it now and again and you'll see it transform ;) lol and no bother buddy, once I get new alloys I'll give you a shout, should be next month i think so not long to wait. Ill pm you nearer the time.

p.s your glanzas sweet, Im sure lee mentioned you when I was buying it, cheers for the comment :)

Knoxy

Fresh Recruit
hey mate, as said.. nice base for a project.

why not upgrade to a glanza rear axle with discs? its a straight swap! and you can get it fairly cheap from a breaker! it wont be the same price as changing pads surely but if yout thinking of puting an fte in, it would help you for your future plans:)

nice one, and welcome

for sure man, my mate mentioned this to me a while ago and it went completely out my head to just change it rather than stick with the drums lol that is what i will be doing :) thanks for the comment man, very helpful :)

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Welcome along to TGTT...

JDM scratch dont look to bad, matbe take it to a body shop an with a little cutting compound it might jus come out or at least die it down...

Good luck with ya project...

Knoxy

Fresh Recruit
Welcome along to TGTT...

JDM scratch dont look to bad, matbe take it to a body shop an with a little cutting compound it might jus come out or at least die it down...

Good luck with ya project...

thanks man, yeah I was thinking about doing that, its not that bad your right, just never good to have scratches in your car :( was quite funny when i first saw it though lol that cars so jdm :p thanks again buddy :)

Knoxy

Fresh Recruit
Or any decent car valitar(sp) should beable to buff it down...

well im planning on getting it resprayed anyway, Im sure they would do something about the scratches :) Dont know If i should just get it a different colour or just get the black touched up... :S lol