my glanza progress. what to do next?

bought a 1999 glanza v, after selling my 96. bought it standard apart from a set of tanabe coilovers in it.

28179825.jpg

28179864.jpg

28179920.jpg

came with aftermarket plug leads, jam fcd, tanabe coilovers, 5zigen exhaust system, blitz air filter, blitz dump valve, cusco front strut.

got at a bit of a bargin in my eyes. with below 50k on it.

i then started trying to work away, but with my work gettin very patchy, i had nearly been forced to sell the car a few times. but after a couple of months of tryin to find a perfect paying job, it started to finally pay off, as i started to modify my pride and joy.....

i first worked on the engine. had a few friends that owed me a couple of favours, to settle me with some good priced parts. i also gave spraying a go, and decided to start cleaning up the engine bay, from its standard state, to a more, colourful, modified look. and so, i painted the rocker cover, fitted a hks acuator, blue silicon hosing, and then waited to save a bit of money, and so i paid BIG money, for a brand new Blitz LM Front Mount Intercooler. and after cutting the bumper to adjust it, and fitting all my blue. it went from this.....

28180199.jpg

to this
28180048.jpg

work decided to take a turn for the worst again, i put the car up for sale, got no interest, so the wheels on it i found were pretty valuable and so i was forced to sell the 15" Advan RG's, and so i recieved a lime green set of speedline sr's with cash for, which i had to paint lol

i then bought a sard fuel pressure regulator which a good friend helped set-up, relocated the number plate and used the rest to fit a new exedy paddle clutch and also a set of glanza decals

28180256.jpg

28181132.jpg

i then waited around for the right parts to come around, and save, and bought a momo steering wheel, pod pillar, with a hks gauge, and oil press gauge, i also painted the surround of the cd player, and the dials in the same colour of blue. pictures to come....

becuase the car is away at the minute, because i just purchased this..........

28181114.jpg

sexyyyy!!

the plan now is to get a set of indiglo dials, but where to find a set....

a boost controller..... but which one to buy and where???

an ecu.... but which to buy and where??

what other ideas has anyone got... paint the bonnet scoop black?? or buy a carbon fibre scoop... im out of ideas

thats looking good matey

cheers mate.... been such an up and down journey to even get to where im at now with shit work goin lol working in letterkenny everyday to earn the bills to fund this thing, and i live in antrim lol good 140 miles a day id say lol

jonny-boi32

Member +
looks well dude, glad you stuck at it, it always had potential. not sure on the wheels though, just looks like a set of steelies.

looks well dude, glad you stuck at it, it always had potential. not sure on the wheels though, just looks like a set of steelies.

i knowww.... but i knew a lad from the town who really wanted my advan's, and i had just got back from holiday, was soooo skint like. really wanted a good set of black alloys, but he had these lyin in his garage, so i took them to get my cash and insurance sorted lol

painted the callipers red the other nyt there. have you any rims in mind that you think would look well on it? know anyone selling a boost controller?

There's a blitz one in the for sale section a have one off them and there shit hot tbh

is that the blitz dsbc?? i was going to get ai autosport to hook me up with a hks evc 6 for 400quid?? too expensive is it? or am i just as better saving 200 pound and gettin a blitz dsbc?? what about hdi boost controllers?

animal gt

Member +
is that the blitz dsbc?? i was going to get ai autosport to hook me up with a hks evc 6 for 400quid?? too expensive is it? or am i just as better saving 200 pound and gettin a blitz dsbc?? what about hdi boost controllers?

just go get urself a greddy profec b boost controller its wat i use!! easy to fit aswel,much cheaper than 400 quid aswel.
nice car also mate.good work

scot-ish

Member +
watch out on ebay, that one you linked up is in japan, so there is £20 postage if you want it within a week, and then more than likely another £20-30 on import charges.

watch out on ebay, that one you linked up is in japan, so there is £20 postage if you want it within a week, and then more than likely another £20-30 on import charges.

cheers 4 the heads up on that. im thinkin of the greddy profec b now. looks really well. what ecu should i get??

andy87

Member +
cheers mate.... been such an up and down journey to even get to where im at now with shit work goin lol working in letterkenny everyday to earn the bills to fund this thing, and i live in antrim lol good 140 miles a day id say lol

yes lad

where abouts in letterkenny are you working ? iam working up there aswell in mc mahons building merchants

all the best with the car mate its looking well

Andy