My Lead car EP82 project progress

Quick Nick

Member +
So I have been a starlet owner for 6 years, and have recently decided to make it the perfect car for leading my driving events.

A shot of the outside - I love the look of it standard and probably wont ever change the look of the car externally; besides the white rims which I love for the rally style look (although not everyone agrees!)

I have since stripped all the interior and welded in bucket Sparco buckets bought from GPR before they closed down (cant remember what seat exactly it is, but they werent that expensive)

And added harnesses and rear whiteline strut bar

Then carpeted over the bare metal to help drown out some of the noise, made custom door cards with mounted speakers in the rear, and a custom, carpeted spare wheel cover. All using very light acoustic black carpeting I bought from the local car stereo shop.

Initially I setup up the standard CT9 with an HKS actuator running 0.9Bar, an FPR set at 2.8 BAR, and fitting a WEPR mani and decat screamer pipe. However my head gasket was on the way out and I then decided to upgrade to a TONG GT SPec Hybrid jobbie.

Head off

cleaning up the rocker cover ready to paint

Old Turbo vs new turbo :)

Recently bought a big front mount to complement the higher temperatures so that gets measured up

Priming the rocker cover ready for paint

And that is where we are at the moment, should be ready for mapping on the rollers this time next week at 1.0 Bar boost on the hybrid and at this spec it will hopefully come in at 190-200bhp :drive:

Tanz

Lifer
very nice the kinda look i like....

well wear and looking forward to seeing some more pics.....

Shib786

Member +
I was justlookin at the pics and saw your turbo and thought I had exact one of them, then looked back at your name and noticed it was the one i just sold you haha! bloody hell :p looks ace mate!

Quick Nick

Member +
Cheers mate yeah the turbo looks nice especially when compared with the old one!

Will keep you all posted should be all back together again during the week so will continue with the pics :)