my old flame

wull

Fresh Recruit
i thought i'd share some pics of my last bike i had,it was a kawasaki zx9r c model.the b model was 215kgs dry and in 1998 they revamped it and lost 30 kgs + and ended up with the c model 9 weighing in at 183kgs dry.std they produce 143bhp at the crank and roughly 127bhp at the rear wheel.i had a full akrapovic race system fitted and the carbs set up to suit.end result was 149bhp at the crank and 136bhp at the rear wheel.

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1-1.jpg

i decided to do track days as i was going to kill myself on the road and on the 17th of september last year i decided to bin in at knockhill:( in the process i broke my arm and was off work for 8 weeks,what a tit!!!my initial plan was to get the bike set up over the winter and get back to track days this year but money was running out and i felt i'd be better saving up and buying a much better,faster and better handling bike for the track so i decided to sell the 9.in the mean time though i have decided to put that on the back burner and concentrate on getting a starlet,but hopefully next year i'll be back on 2 wheels and will be ripping the roads up again.for any non bikers out there the thrill you get is unbelievable,the acceleration and top speed is excellent.my 9 was pushing almost 750bhp per tonne and there i splenty bikes out there that are much faster,well on paper anyway.

Texx

Super Moderator
Video link removed, it's a public road and that definitely wasn't within the speed limit.

Nice bike though btw.

wull

Fresh Recruit
Video link removed, it's a public road and that definitely wasn't within the speed limit.

Nice bike though btw.

i thought that might of happened,i wasn't sure if it was just racing that wasn't allowed on the forum.that clears that one up though:haha:

wull

Fresh Recruit
this was my first proper bike after passing my test.it was great and looked the part but it cost me an absolute fortune over the period of time i had it.these pics were taken the day before it went and i only got £650 for it with a full mot and tax.absolutely gutted.

it is a honda vfr400 nc30.great wee bike,was running 63bhp at the wheel,it was still speed restricted to 180kph butbecause that isn't accurate it would push 116mph according to twat nav.

054-3.jpg

055-1.jpg

Ben89

Lifer
That nc30 is lovely! My had one and derestricted it would do 135 no problem! Have a very distinctive noise!
I don't ride road bikes but ive just started motocross again after having a few years off, absolutely love the thrill of two wheels can't beat it!! I don't blame you for not doing any road riding not something I would fancy!

wull

Fresh Recruit
the distinctive noise will be the gear driven cams.not sure if i'll go back to road riding again,too many funny moments and its easier said than done trying to take it easy.the bike would do 80mph in 1st gear so very easy to go fast.

nazzurro19

Member +
i had the nc30 nastro azzurro rep and i all had the gullarm i.e. the nc23 and i also had a zxr400 the zxr 400 was a much nicer ride but h nc30 i had dyno jetted and power commander n421 mani blueflame exhaust and my speedo went off the dials afer fitting a uk CDI instead of the import CDI it killed my mates r6 :p

wull

Fresh Recruit
the gullarm iirc was the nc29.....the tri-arm was the nc23 because i had one of those aswell..

stew

Member +
thats nc30s mint 650 was a steal.. always wanted one, gonna wait til i'm 21 now & direct-access it