my plan and a couple of questions

matt walters

Member +
if my head bolts, washers and intercooler pipe come before the weekend im finally putting my other engine and td04 in the car ;)

i have my wastegate set at 10psi (.7 bar). which is under feul cut yes? i will be using a tuning developments feul pump and a sard rrfpr.

i have an emanage blue sat in the garage, which i will be using once i have a boost controller, this will be set at minimum- 0.7bar for every day use, and 1 bar when i feel like some spirited driving.

(this will be on standard internals)#

soooo

what pressure shall i set my rrfpr at until i get the car widebanded, or until i get the emanage on??

will it be ok to use just using the wastegate spring as a form of boost controll (i assume yes)

and a quick question about the wastegate,

i have a turbosmart ultragate 38, it came with 2 gaskets, fixing bolts and nuts, the vacuum hose connections, and a valve seat. i dont mean to sound stupid but what is the valve seat used for and where does it go??

rep waiting guys, thanks

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I wouldn't connect up the emanage until your ready to get it mapped as it will delete the fuel cut,just run it on your OEM ecu incase your boost spikes.
Not sure on the FPR setting,never used one,or an EXT wastegate.

Before i got my own mapped I ran it at .6 and only boosted to it once to make sure it could make and hold steady boost.