My poor car!! :(

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
I only got my car at the end of June and already got a bashed door (own fault but moving on.. :haha: )

Now it gets worse.. Got something up with my bonnet! Looks like its bin in an accident but i havn't :confused:

And yes - it is closed right haha :p

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

:(

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
I'm gonna sound stupid but what you mean? :confused:

Something stopping it closing? I checked that and it didn't look like it but to be fair i don't really have a clue what i was looking for :haha:

robbo

Member +
it could be a crease. someone may of ever so slightly moved back against your car. if it was a flat pressure it may of raised the bonnet at a weak point which may happen to be at that part for some reason. however logically looks like someone left a rachet on the inner part of the wing and the bonnet slammed on it.

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
you havent left a socket or screw driver under the bonnet when you shut it did you???

Nope, well i sure can't see one anyway

If it wasn't raining just now - i'd go have a look to try figure it out but not risking my hair getting wet :cool:

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
it could be a crease. someone may of ever so slightly moved back against your car. if it was a flat pressure it may of raised the bonnet at a weak point which may happen to be at that part for some reason. however logically looks like someone left a rachet on the inner part of the wing and the bonnet slammed on it.

Yeah maybe your right about someone moving back on it, i'v never had anything that would do that to it under the bonnet though since i'v had it and i surely would have noticed when i got the car if the bonnet was like that. Its so anoying :(

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
It's just had a little accident at some point buddy quite a few are like that in all honesty. FWD cars tend to be crashed at the front anyway as they understeer but that looks more like a little bump.

For the record put a 4efte in there and it will be faster than a Glanza as it's around 60kg less in weight ;):)

T

robbo

Member +
if the right hand side is the same i'd say some has reversed into when its been parallel parked. if not it could of been someone attempting to parallel park and had no room and pressurised the front left of your car up.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah when we had our SR turbo we weighed them at our local tip, Glanza had aircon but UK one didn't come with it so like for like and stock. Big difference, think about the extra bodywork, all the extra bolts and screws, rear disks, aircon and all ancillaries under the dash, electric mirrors, bigger front disks, Glanza stickers :p the list goes on.

That's why some of the fastest EP91's out there started as a NA as it's lighter in the first place with a lot less going on, like that mad 11 second one in NZ.

T

babynikz

Fresh Recruit
For the record put a 4efte in there and it will be faster than a Glanza as it's around 60kg less in weight

I'll keep that in mind :) needs something done to it to make it fast so will look into options!

if the right hand side is the same i'd say some has reversed into when its been parallel parked. if not it could of been someone attempting to parallel park and had no room and pressurised the front left of your car up.

It's just the one side, the other is fine thats why i got confused :(

I would have thought Tobys right - the bonnet has been damaged and repaired. Mine does it as well, I'll get a new bonnet sooner or later but you can push it flat with the palm of your hand, only trouble is it keeps bobbing back up after a few days so I have to keep doing it...

As for turbocharging n/a starlets, surely all those heavy things are worth having? a/c can always be removed , especially if it's knackered, and if you're going to go to the great difficulty of an engine swap might as well go for something a bit fancier like, oh I don't know...A sera perhaps...

Adam_Glanza

Member +
I would have thought Tobys right - the bonnet has been damaged and repaired. Mine does it as well, I'll get a new bonnet sooner or later but you can push it flat with the palm of your hand, only trouble is it keeps bobbing back up after a few days so I have to keep doing it...

As for turbocharging n/a starlets, surely all those heavy things are worth having? a/c can always be removed , especially if it's knackered, and if you're going to go to the great difficulty of an engine swap might as well go for something a bit fancier like, oh I don't know...A sera perhaps...

get out!! lol

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Yeah when we had our SR turbo we weighed them at our local tip, Glanza had aircon but UK one didn't come with it so like for like and stock. Big difference, think about the extra bodywork, all the extra bolts and screws, rear disks, aircon and all ancillaries under the dash, electric mirrors, bigger front disks, Glanza stickers :p the list goes on.

That's why some of the fastest EP91's out there started as a NA as it's lighter in the first place with a lot less going on, like that mad 11 second one in NZ.

T

cool, being as mine doesn't have leccy windows, power steering, central locking etc it must be about ready to float away then :homer: