my turbos diyng

miller_EP91

Member +
i think my turbo is on its way out car has coverd 76000 miles mods are fulll exhaust system , de-cat, hdi fmic, toy tuning actuator set at 12psi.

when i get to about 5000 rpm its got nuffin left it just makes a funny squealing noise and also the car is starting to feel abit under powerd as the revs build, there is also some bluish smoke somtimes, sound like its dead?

also if i buy a hybrid and run it a 1bar with an emanage will it pull hard all the way through the rev range? i was thinking of maybe a gt spec hybrid is anyone running these? if so what are they like on the road ?

sorry for all the questions lol.

cheers

Duff

Member +
Sounds like your turbo oil seals are on the way out mate. I'm running a gt spec hybrid with emanage blue and it pulls uber strong through the rev range. Feels like a new car.

TurboDave

Member +
Oil seals making a squeeling noise?

Whats more than likely happened is your bearings in your turbo have gone out of tollerance and they are allowing the shaft of the turbo to have too much movement which will be causing your comp wheel to rub on the inside of the housing and make the squeeling noise.

Be very careful, as driving like this you only need to end up with 1 bit of comp wheel in your engine and it could be all over for it.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Oil seals making a squeeling noise?

Whats more than likely happened is your bearings in your turbo have gone out of tollerance and they are allowing the shaft of the turbo to have too much movement which will be causing your comp wheel to rub on the inside of the housing and make the squeeling noise.

Be very careful, as driving like this you only need to end up with 1 bit of comp wheel in your engine and it could be all over for it.

is it possible for bits get through to the engine, taughht the intercooler should block it off

TurboDave

Member +
is it possible for bits get through to the engine, taughht the intercooler should block it off

If air can get through there then yes it can granted it would have a journey but I wouldnt take the risk of having a desintegrating comp wheel flying through my intercooler/piping towards my cylinders where it would become superheated and wreck the bores/rings.

Remember that comp wheel is spinning upwards of 120,000rpm.