need a bit of advice

ryan-11

Member +
Hey Guys,

I bought a ball bearing turbo of ebay, it was ment to have covered under 500km and in perfect working order, i received it yesterday and has mega shaft play, the blades on the inlet side hit the housing and theres a crack in the wastegate. The seller says the shaft must off got damaged while getting delivered (whitch i highly dout as it was very well packed) and that its commen for a wastegate to crack when on the dyno?

also is it possible for the blades to wear down against the housing?

cheers
Ryan

stuarty1

Member +
I would b askin for your money bck you are coverd by paypal and ebay so you should get on to him and see if he will cover it also its an item not as described so he will hav to refund plus if them blades are touching the compresser its fucked so it is it will rip its self apart if stuck in the car you will always get I tiny bit of play in a turbo like the slightist movement ask for a refund mate

AdamB

Member +
Sounds to me as if the turbo has been stripped and rebuilt without being balanced if the blades are touching the housing. As above, you should get a refund.

ryan-11

Member +
he says it was either me or the delivery company that damaged it, ive opened a dispute on ebay and ive made a claim with the delivery compamy, they wont pay out, the damage is the bearing core, i cant see that getting damaged while gettin delivered. the guy is trying to pull a fast one.