need a Clutch fork ASAP Please....

goldenvtr

Member +
need a Clutch fork ASAP Please pics of why inside lol

anyone got one? i cant bloody find my spare and this has just happen to mine:

just over 5000 miles on an act extreme clutch kit on my 5e and BANG it snapped in traffic lol
19542_1332816806187_1404034911_30932333_1335734_n.jpg

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
it had done over 5k as it was and id done about 60odd miles on the day it went, but it was the traffic that i think killed it, lots of clutch depression etc. well annoying. ive got a spare fork sorted now thanks to aze_b!

lets hope it was just a tierd out old fork, but it goes to show how much pressure its under!

I did put a little bit of lube on the splines when i last removed it, but not alot as i didn want it to drip onto the clutch disc. i think that rusty look is normal really...

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
it had done over 5k as it was and id done about 60odd miles on the day it went, but it was the traffic that i think killed it, lots of clutch depression etc. well annoying. ive got a spare fork sorted now thanks to aze_b!

lets hope it was just a tierd out old fork, but it goes to show how much pressure its under!

I did put a little bit of lube on the splines when i last removed it, but not alot as i didn want it to drip onto the clutch disc. i think that rusty look is normal really...
I would suggest a clean up of the rust where the release bearing runs and put some copper grease around there before fitting the release bearing as looks like its been running tight.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones
Tuning Developments LTD
TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com
www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

goldenvtr

Member +
ahhhh ok cheers guys i think i was refering to the other part, ive still got some grease left over from when i got my ORC and its unopend lol. hope itll all be good again by next weekend :)

corofin12345

Member +
ahhhh ok cheers guys i think i was refering to the other part, ive still got some grease left over from when i got my ORC and its unopend lol. hope itll all be good again by next weekend :)

use a scotch pad 2 get off the rust mate.. id say the clutch release bearing seized on the shaft while you were pressing the clutch.. never seen it before tho..:eek: