Need a manifold flange to finish my custom B-Series manifold

mk1spyder

Fresh Recruit
This is my first thread, im siiked to be a 4efte owner, even though its in a paseo haha. Anyways i've read a bunch of places how the boys down in Jamaica and such are making custom turbo manifolds pretty easy for our engines by buying B-Series turbo manifolds, cutting the head flange off, pulling a couple pipes closer and welding our flange on. So I got one, and the pipe space/size is very close. Easily doable. I just have to find a source of steel head flanges. I've seen a couple on wep racing's website but I have no clue how to get in touch with them to order, anybody know of another source?

villen25

Member +
This is my first thread, im siiked to be a 4efte owner, even though its in a paseo haha. Anyways i've read a bunch of places how the boys down in Jamaica and such are making custom turbo manifolds pretty easy for our engines by buying B-Series turbo manifolds, cutting the head flange off, pulling a couple pipes closer and welding our flange on. So I got one, and the pipe space/size is very close. Easily doable. I just have to find a source of steel head flanges. I've seen a couple on wep racing's website but I have no clue how to get in touch with them to order, anybody know of another source?

wats a b-series mani?

NosydneW

Member +
easy done indeed,....

just take your exhaust gasket to someone who can cut metal in different shapes and you're set. The D/B manifolds are so close fit and they are cheap on ebay.....you can find a D/B series manifold in almost same design as the cruise manifold wich will retain every confort like a/c, powersteering, and stock radiator...but the 4/5e flange will have to be welded on.

monka

Member +
the only thing that has to possibly be moved with a mani is the rad, dono what your on about p/s and a/c

artmull

Member +
so what do you have to do to get them to fit?

just the gasket, or you gotta change the flange?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-M...014QQitemZ330214799606QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

You will need to cut off the Civic flange that bolts to the head and fabricate a flange to fit the 4E/5E. If I remember correctly the pipes for cylinders 2 & 3 match the 4E/5E and the pipes for 1 & 4 needs to be moved inwards. You can check store.racing-solutions.org and send them a 4E/5E manifold gasket and they can make a flange for you.

mk1spyder

Fresh Recruit
Ya I PM'd sacha but he says they dont sell them? Funny thing is theyre listed on their website. Any ideas where else to get one, somebody has to be making them for cruise and other companies to make their manifolds.

jabran200

Member +
cruise etc would be maching their own as they are very simple to make with a cnc milling machine. You could make your own with some 12mm thick sheetmetal and drill the holes and then use a die grinder to round them up to match the ports.

NosydneW

Member +
the only thing that has to possibly be moved with a mani is the rad, dono what your on about p/s and a/c

So do you think every manifold will fit p/s and a/c ??
That's not completely true

Most manifolds to suit big turbo's won't retain a/c.... and most top mount turbo manifolds won't retain p/s pump.

As for the d/b series manifold to suit a 4e/5e head ..see above posts