Need a place in Essex with diagnostics for a starlet? engine problem

Nozy

Fresh Recruit
My ep82 is running like a tractor. Ever since a new battery was fitted (coincidence - or not!) the engine management light is on.
It has trouble starting without putting my foot down to get past the first burble. Stinks of fuel. Backfires. Revs to about 2500 before it wont go any faster. If I put my foot down to the floor it accelarates like a complete tractor!
Wont go above about 55mph.

Have taken it to two garages both of which have told me they dont have the right diagnostic kit to do it because its old and imported.

Im located around Chelmsford/southend area in Essex

corofin12345

Member +
before you attempt the test, look at the map sensor and make sure the connector is on right and make sure the vac hose is connected... if either of these isnt connected it can cause the symtoms your having..

Nozy

Fresh Recruit
you can do it yourself mate.. only takes 5 minutes

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?290-How-to-Perform-a-Diagnostics-Test

could be map sensor related

hi guys, sorry it took so long to reply, have been away for a week.
Did the diagnostics above. It showed up as map sensor.
Checked all the leads and all seemed fine. Attached a different map sensor to test it and problem still occured.
Checked all boost/vaccume pipes for splits/holes incase this was the issue. All was fine.
Then, we realised that my actuator wasnt pushing or pulling. managed to get the car to rev properly when holding it out, which was a good feeling lol!
So currently waiting for my HKS ajustable actuator to come in the post and i PRAY this solves the problem.