need a quick favour from hybrid users (for research)

keirz

Member +
could ct9 hybrid users do me a little favour.

on the turbine housing flange where it meets the manifold there is a number, think it could be 6 didgets long.

if you stand at the front of the car, it will be on left of the turbine housing on the flange where it meets the manifold. can be quite hard to see on car but it is readable.

im doing a bit of research and found a bit of info i previously didnt realise. so if you can help it will be appreciated.

also could a ct9a user (ep82) please check theres too.

thanks, keiran

keirz

Member +
no worries, its just for something im trying to get my head around! dubs ct9a number has completely threw me though

monka

Member +
my ct9a had 11030 on it kierz

what are you trying to work out??

as most hybrids i beleive are made from the diesel variants

keirz

Member +
cheers mate. ive been flow testing every variation of ct9 housings and also ct12 turbos that share the same housing.

i thought that most hybrids would use the diesel varient, which could be a fail and a big limitation. if only i had a free week and a free dyno i could prove my findings!

monka

Member +
is there much difference in the flow dude? what ones go the best?

guessing you dont have a ct9a to test if your asking about it?

keirz

Member +
no i dont have a ct9a to check out. i cant see it flowing more than the ct9b to be honest as the ct9b has the bigger shaft.

lets just say the worst of all the ones i have tested has been the ct9 diesel by quite some distance. how this would actually relate to on the car power im unsure and dont really have a way of testing.

the ct9b one isnt the winner either which suprises me

Last edited:

keirz

Member +
im not sure who uses what on there hybrids thats why ive put up this thread to get a bit of insight mate.

not just any ct12, its a specific trim of ct12. some of the other ct12s got the same results as the diesel ct9s.

dont get me wrong im not saying if the hybrid uses this housing its no good. my hybrid used the ct9 diesel housing as i knew no better at the time and it still made great figures, im just interested as to what it would have made with one of the others on.

Last edited: