need a stock panhard rod

jezza

Lifer
There was a serious camber on the drivers side rear wheel so I removed the RSR panhard rod to adjust it properly. Turns out it had not been set up properly and the lock nuts weren't in place. It was seriously corroded at both ends. Eventually had to get a blow torch on it and the result was this....

PICT1007.jpg

PICT1006.jpg

Not many threads remaining so not very safe!!

Does anyone have a stock panhard rod so I can try it before I consider another aftermarket one.

Cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
if yours is lowered mate i would just get an aftermarket one. they arent all that expensive and at least if adjusted correctly you know it will be spot on alignment wise

dac69er

Super Moderator
not that i know of. ultra racing might do one!?

in my opinion the RSR looks the best bet as you can adjust it without removing one end like you have to do with the whiteline one.

goldenvtr

Member +
if your desperate you could get that one repaired relatively easily

i would at least try and repaire it first, get a Tap and Die kit there only cheap and rethread the bolt.

if you decide to get a new one i may buy that one off you. :p

jezza

Lifer
I'll let the mechanics in work have a look at it to see if it can be repaired. I have someone making new top hat bushings for it as the old ones melted slightly when heating the bar. Might have a go at freeing the other end hoping not to damage the threads too much. Then I could weld the knackered end up making it only adjustable from one end.