Need Abit Of Help On A Delivery

Marty!

Member +
Ordering my wastegate off a guy in the US and hes using UPS as the couirer and i have been givin a tracking number and have been tracking it for the last couple of days...

But since yesterday its status has been at Exception. the package is still in the US but its saying this...
NEWTOWNABBEY, GB 20/02/2010 7:44 SHIPMENT ON HOLD AWAITING PAYMENT OF DUTY & TAX / BROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE

Do i need to pay for sumthing over here for it to be released or pay for duty/tax

Any help would be great people. "Rep Added":rockon:

Cheers
Marty!

J25GTi

Lifer
Well, you have to pay the duty on it, to get it released through customs buddy!

How much did the wastegate set you back inc delivery?

EDIT - Sometimes the company pay it and send you the invoice afterwards, FEDEX did this with me, but be careful, as they then charge you an admin charge too! robbing bastards1 Ring up and check buddy :)

dantheman

Member +
not too sure about ups but with fedex you get the parcel and then a week later you get a letter with th customs charges, parcelforce (usps) are the opposite, they will recieve the parcel here in the u.k and then hold it for a week and then send you a letter with custom charges and then it will get sent to you..

if its still in the usa you will probably have to wait until it gets over this side of the atlantic before you have to worry about custom fee's mate

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
You will probably get a letter in the post in the next few days telling you how much and how to pay.