need advice....

Mikey-H

Right at the moment im having a problem with my glanza

when i go to put my foot down it kinda "splutters" then takes off

ive been told it could been plugs and leads there fine, even replaced plugs

but i did remove the dizzy cap and in behind the rotor arm there's a small black box
its kinda melted.... but im not sure if that is normal for them?
i can take a pic tomorrow and show you's what i mean :)

can anyone help me out?

and how much would a new dizzy cap,rotor arm and dizzy roughly cost (euro) :)
thanks

Mikey-H

well if its kinda melted then its kinda fooked..:haha:

There not much to replace, wont kill ya tbh...

yeah i know, no harm in replacin all the above anyways for peace of mind

but im just curious to what it could be

cos like it does literally looks like its ment to like that,
if anyone has a pic of the inside the dizzy it would help me out :D

Stulet-GTT

Member +
There shouldn't be any part that looks melted tbh, i think ya rota arm has got fooked in some way...

It might be ya new plug's have over powered the old rotor and dizzy cap causing them to heat up an melt???

(disclaimer) these are just of my head idea's and just giving you an idea of what to look for...But i hope it help's...

Mikey-H

There shouldn't be any part that looks melted tbh, i think ya rota arm has got fooked in some way...

It might be ya new plug's have over powered the old rotor and dizzy cap causing them to heat up an melt???

(disclaimer) these are just of my head idea's and just giving you an idea of what to look for...But i hope it help's...

wouldnt be the plugs that did it anyways, i only literally changed them 2 hours ago lol

but good ideas and i do appreciate your help :)
but you could be right assumin it is rotor arm knackered!
and if i remember readin somewhere there only 15-20 euro

Stulet-GTT

Member +
I jus remembered my mate changed his plug's on his old rover(yer dif car) an it did whipe out his dizzy as it was old.
Think dizzy an rota are cheap...

Mikey-H

I jus remembered my mate changed his plug's on his old rover(yer dif car) an it did whipe out his dizzy as it was old.
Think dizzy an rota are cheap...

only one way to find out :D
off to toyota on monday :)
thanks for your help tho mate, really appreciate it :D

Stulet-GTT

Member +
No worry's bud..
I brought mine from a member on hear, hear is the pic's he used...

DSC00114-1.jpg

DSC00115-1.jpg

Hope this help's a little more..

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
yeah helps a bit :)
but the part that melted for me a bit
is behind the rotor arm... ill go take a pic now lol

Told ya its probably melted,happened to my white gt,they're less than €10 from toyota anyhow.

Easy fix at least :)

Fatman

Member +
That's quite normal mate, almost every dizzy I've seen has gobs of goo in various places. Easiest way to diagnose this is to find a friend with another starlet and swap over cap/rotor/leads in that order until the problem is cured.

Have you got any other modifications? Fueling specifically?

Mikey-H

That's quite normal mate, almost every dizzy I've seen has gobs of goo in various places. Easiest way to diagnose this is to find a friend with another starlet and swap over cap/rotor/leads in that order until the problem is cured.

Have you got any other modifications? Fueling specifically?

it has a jam fcd in it thats about it... but thats in it before me

but ill try that, prob my best bet
wouldnt mind my mate with his glanza went away today for week today lol
so ill have to wait :haha:

Mikey-H

Why has it got a FCD?

dunno, its an ex drag car from jap land i was told cos came into the country with only one seat lol

How long have you owned it??

fcd might have been set up with shit plug's and now you got new plug's it might not be right...

since november

wouldnt say it is man, there exact same plugs, the problem been like this for 2 weeks now
plugs just didnt make a difference

Fatman

Member +
If you haven't got anything in the way of mods that require it (e.g standardish boost, no other fueling enhancements) then my advice would be to remove the FCD.

You could A) Sell it on here and B) Potentially solve your hesitation issue if it's doing something unusual or unneccessary to the signal from your MAP sensor.

Mikey-H

If you haven't got anything in the way of mods that require it (e.g standardish boost, no other fueling enhancements) then my advice would be to remove the FCD.

You could A) Sell it on here and B) Potentially solve your hesitation issue if it's doing something unusual or unneccessary to the signal from your MAP sensor.

oh it aint on standard boost now.... its at .8
but was doin it a bit before any the mods
but it could be the map sensor just Fooked hmmmm
but it didnt show up when i checked for flash code
it flashed clear