Need fueling checked

henners

Member +
As above ive just put my engine back in my car wich is fully forged i havnt driven it yet just ahd it running to check for no leaks. What i have on the car is forged engine, avcr, fse fpr, walbro fuel pump, hks fcd and td04 kit turbo, mani, decat. What i need now is a good quality company in the west midlands area to have my fueling and AFR's checked whos good and whos not bassicly. As i really want to use Jones-36 aka tuning developments but its alittle to far for me as i need to tow the glanza. Does it need to be setup on a rolling road as the car hasnt even done a single mile yet? and is it hard to get the fueling setup i mean do it yourself (can anyone do it)?

I have once run in greddy emange blue btw.

Cheers

TurboDave

Member +
Just set the fuel pressure to standard and run it in off boost before you get it mapped. If there is a map already in your E-Manage you could probably just unplug it until your ready to get mapped.

henners

Member +
The emange isnt fitted at the mo. Just standard ECU, i just want it setting up fueling only at the mo because my engine blow from to much fuel melted the pistons.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i'd recommend mikeanics, based in congleton, cheshire

http://www.mikeanics.co.uk/

you should be able to drive there no prob if you stay off boost. i ran my car in no prob but i was on ct9 with rrfpr. i have little experience with the td04 but i still think you should be able to run in fine on stock fuel pressure on stock ecu without a rolling road (unless you are running it in hard with lots of boost)

henners

Member +
Are they good i have heard some good reports of them. i just really want the fueling sorted as ive spent alot of money on just repairing a problem wich was caused by to much fuel i just need fuel pressure set and afr's hunky-dory if you get my jist.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
fair do's i understand :)

i've used them a few times and they've been spot on, no complaints here. i'll be using them again to recheck the fuelling once my hybrid is fitted.

TurboDave

Member +
imo if you take it to get mapped with 0 miles on the newly forged engine then you are crazy. Why on earth would you want to welcome your new engine to the world getting it mapped to on the rollers?

Too much fuel doesnt cause melted pistons a lean burn mixture and heat which is associated with the lean burning does. Too much fuel can cause bore wash where you end up with fuel escaping your bores and ending up in the sump and mixing with the oil which reduces the lubricatory attributes of the oil. But changing your oil after 250, 500 and then at 1000 miles bore wash shouldnt even be a problem even if you are realy rich as the oil wont be in there long enough and you will be running it in.

What size injectors are you using? Its only a 10 minute job to re-fit your standard ones while running in anyway.

henners

Member +
Standard injectors. I just want to no if im safe to run my car as it is then upto 3500-4000rpm not on boost then?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
set the pressure at 2.3bar ( ie stock fuelling) & drive around happily.. make sure timing is stock & the hks fcd is off (ie on 12) so it wont bug anything...

u can drive around like that & finish ur running in without any problem lad ;)

u shouldnt set it up untill its run in...

kon

henners

Member +
that is brilliant kon thanks alot. :) I wish i could send my car to you and get it setup lol because i know it would be rapid and reliable.