need help before tomorrow if anyone can help?

pig666eon

Member +
trying to get a car going for a meet but it refuses to run

put a 96 engine into a 98 shell, only difference in the loom it has a 3 pin temp sensor on the 98 and a 2 pin sensor in the 96 engine. i swaped over the sensor from a 98 into the thermo housing so everything now should be spot on

tried starting it, it turns for a few secs but as soon as it comes off high revs and starts dropping down towards 1000 then cuts out. sounds and smells like its flooding itself

i done a diagnostics on her and was throwing up code 22 water temp problem, it also threw up 52 afterwards but im sure that was just from it cutting out one of the times

ive replaced the icv, fuel reg, ecu, map sensor, temp sensor, plugs, leads ect. ive gotten no where

only thing ive noticed is if i let more air into the intake when it starts like opening a vac line it has a high idle but runs fine, soon as i close it up it splutters out

bit of pressure on me to have it running for tomorrow and im just not thinking right i dont think anyone with some fresh ideas or even had a similar problem i can check out it would be appreciated

Johnny_C

Lifer
try a different throttle body on it,when it starts to heat up and the revs lower it cuts out?
could be the auto choke.

pig666eon

Member +
cheers yeah the engine was running before i took it out i can change the throttle body now in a min

yeah runs for about 5-10 secs around 1400 cold then when it starts to drop in revs to about 1000 it misfires a bit and cuts out, as said sounds and smells like its flooding itself. im thinking auto choke but ive tried everything to get rid of it, ive replaced the ecu so there is no codes, traced back the wires to the ecu for breaks along with the possibility of a split wire and there is no leaks to ground or between the 2 wires, have a temp sensor from a running car but its still giving me error 22

from my understanding of it that sensor controls the choke until the lambada kicks in but since its not working its over fueling as choke is on constant. ive tried loads of things but none of them seem to have worked at all

its not reving up either

pig666eon

Member +
im now getting a continuous flashing engine light when i do a diagnostics cant seem to find out what that could mean

pig666eon

Member +
^^ sorry my heads not on right, so i have no errors now on it perfect not sure what has changed that i havent done anything electrical since yesterday

so it has to be a fuel or air problem then, im going to take off the rail and throttle body give them a clean and take it from there

pig666eon

Member +
yeah running before the swap

im getting pressure at the rail ive opened it a few different times so im sure the pump is fine along with the lines/ filter

ive replaced the throttle body there and triple checked the lines going to it they are perfect, tps hasnt been adjusted either. just waiting for the rain to clear a bit to charge the battery

ive checked the inside of the intake aswell no dirt or excessive oil ect

no codes either on the ecu