need help in a bad way!!!

wesgt

Lifer
ok, i got a camry a while back, car has developed a bad vibration!
it happens on acceleration and comes in at 60kph badly, if i lift off it stops and if i coast it stops. is there constantly at 120kph or so, not there at all when braking, seems to be coming from the front, gets very bad for a split second when i go over a bump at speed, when the weight is off the wheels if you get me, you know when the car is just going over a hump and then levels out and it relaxs i replaced the driveshafts and it stopped, but came back in a week or two, which leads me to believe its something else causing the problem.
its an automatic if that helps.
did some googling and it mentioned ujoints, what are these and are they hard to replace?
really would appreciate some help on this as its very annoying and the car is perfect otherwise.
rep will be given!! a friend is having the same problem with his bzr levin

jomista2k7

Fresh Recruit
im having the same problem.... ahahaha only joking its me :) im the other lad having same prob in the levin folks its a real pain any info or shed of light on this is much appreciated

Tanz

Lifer
Obviously its through the steering you are feeling it ya???
Is she tending to pull in any direction as well???

dac69er

Super Moderator
uj's are the inner joints on the driveshaft.

if it tends to vibrate more under acceleration at any speed then it is usually them.

could also be an out of shape tire or a wheel balance problem. have you checked there are no loose balljoints/bushes anywhere on the suspension?

Brendanlez

Member +
I would check the Driveshafts again, it sounds like the same problem as I had with my Corolla and that was that the front was slightly out of line made the drive shafts easy to bend.

wesgt

Lifer
wheels were balanced and good tyres on them!yeh suspension was checked and is ok, i will get those inner joints checked out!

Brendanlez

Member +
My car had a slap, but it doesnt just take a slap to do it, it could be off a pothole or anything, there was a slight and I mean a slight movement in my wishbone, I presume from when it was crashed and that put the wishbone back about 1 - 1.5mm. I know it doesnt sound much but its enough. Everytime I went over a height etc hard I'd usually end up bending a drive.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I had this on my MX5 and it turned out the anti roll bar end links were in constant contact with the shock body.

Tanz

Lifer
honestly you really need to get the wheels off and check every balljoint and bushing....

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
i know you say it was done but to me it all points to wheel balance especially if its only coming in at a certain speed.. try exceed that speed and see does it clear.. if so its defo wheel balance.. the tracking could be out also.. exact same things with me and was quiet scary even on slight left turns and car near shook to pieces at 120kph

wesgt

Lifer
i know you say it was done but to me it all points to wheel balance especially if its only coming in at a certain speed.. try exceed that speed and see does it clear.. if so its defo wheel balance.. the tracking could be out also.. exact same things with me and was quiet scary even on slight left turns and car near shook to pieces at 120kph

its not balancing, it was done, and its at its worst at 30mph. it was there before and after balancing

kellygt

Member +
Have you tried swapping the back wheels to the front just a suggestion It might be a buckled wheel

wesgt

Lifer
dunno about mounts, tyres are good, didn't try neutral, and would a buckled wheel not do it all the time?