need help on this ? anyone ?

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
well i bought a glanza and it had no log book i was going to use the car for parts but changed me mind and would like to add one more glanza to the roads :) does any1 no if there is away of getting the log book for the car any help on this would be great thanks

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
It can be done by getting an affidavit signed by a solicitor if i remember correctly.
My auld lads boss had the same problem a few years ago,but its expensive 'ish and it takes a while for them to check the records to see if it was stolen etc.

Give a local solicitor a ring and he can tell you.

Moved to legal section aswell.

dac69er

Super Moderator
in the uk we just send off a form requesting a new logbook and you get a new one!? think you need to pay £15-£20 or something. sounds like a right faf in ireland

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
It can be done by getting an affidavit signed by a solicitor if i remember correctly.
My auld lads boss had the same problem a few years ago,but its expensive 'ish and it takes a while for them to check the records to see if it was stolen etc.

Give a local solicitor a ring and he can tell you.

ye i heard that aswell but i also heard you have to go true courts and all that... im going to give solicitor a ring thanks for your help

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
that would be great if it was in ireland mate.... does anyone no any other or easier way of doin it in ireland without going to solicitors, as would like to get this sorted as soon as a can thanks for all the help so far lads

ep - karlb

Member +
you just need to get form, cant remember what it called but simply say why your applying, mine was lost so put down that !pay the fee not to major and i had mine in a week :) an RF134 it called think it 12euro . log book will be sent to previous owner tho.

Last edited:

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
ye i got one of them forms but i cant get true to the previous owner and the car is not in my name so that form will not work i dont think thanks anyway.... anyone else have any ideas or no anyting bout this

pig666eon

Member +
pick up a shell and swap all the parts over make sure it comes with a log book tho haha

no way round it the other way dude you need to go through the courts, but im sure there might be some way round it tho as it wouldnt be declared stolen or anything where did you pick it up? im sure the lad who sold would know a bit about it

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
pick up a shell and swap all the parts over make sure it comes with a log book tho haha

no way round it the other way dude you need to go through the courts, but im sure there might be some way round it tho as it wouldnt be declared stolen or anything where did you pick it up? im sure the lad who sold would know a bit about it

thats not a bad idea never even thinked bout that.... is going true the courts handy enough do you no mate or is it messy todo thanks for the help

pig666eon

Member +
i never done it lad so i wouldnt know but if your on about building up the car then its not going to be done for some while, then you wont mind the wait with the courts

you can pick up a cheap shell lad cheap enough these days, i can get you a number for a lad in lexlip who breaks them very good to deal with and very cheap with his prices

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
i never done it lad so i wouldnt know but if your on about building up the car then its not going to be done for some while, then you wont mind the wait with the courts

you can pick up a cheap shell lad cheap enough these days, i can get you a number for a lad in lexlip who breaks them very good to deal with and very cheap with his prices

ye thats true... ye get me his number and ill give him a ring see has he anyting there for me mate thanks

Mark-ep91

Member +
go to ur local tax office and tell them ur story they give u a form u need to take ur car to a main dealer and get them to stamp the form stating the car chassis number and reg are from the car and then u need to get it stamped by a solicitor and send it off

bobby2011

Fresh Recruit
go to ur local tax office and tell them ur story they give u a form u need to take ur car to a main dealer and get them to stamp the form stating the car chassis number and reg are from the car and then u need to get it stamped by a solicitor and send it of

is that all you have to do mate have you ever done this or no anyone that done it this way.... this way seems pretty straight forward and handy enough thanks ill look into this way