Need help selling Starlet

Jack138

Member +
Just wanted peoples advice really, the car is in good condition, but recently my brother scapped the paint on the passenger door on the driveway. So I went and purchased a new door to replace it. However I haven't really got the means to replace it so when I come to sell it should I include the door and maybe take a hit on the price, or should I try and replace it (may hav to pay a mechanic, the replacement is manual windows and mine is electric). It would take a bit of effort to get it in better condition, silly things like wipers etc - is it worth doing?

I bought it off pistonheads but do you have to pay to advertise?

Silly things that need fixing, are viper blades and tracking for example. Is it worth getting them done (paying a mechanic) or maybe selling to an enthusiast who can fix them?

I feel sad selling it, but hopefully someone will have as much fun with it as I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Hi,
Your original post was a bit too close to a for sale thread but i decided to edit it and keep it open.

As for a price,look for similar cars and see what they're asking. But at the end of the day sell it for want your happy with.

If you want to sell on here you need a minimum of 50 posts.
All you have to do is make 7 good constructive posts in the mod tech section.

As for your questions,get the door done.
Its easy to swap out the motor etc.

I dont think you need to pay to advertise on piston heads.

Wouldn't worry about the small things,no matter what car you buy your expecting some small to do.

Jack138

Member +
Thanks for the advice, I may try my best and tackle it on Wednesday, day off. I understand about editing, i'm trying to find cars with simular mods but they rarly have simular miles. Any idea on the base sort of price for a 1995 Silver EP82 110000miles with some typical/decent mods:- Manifold, Decat, Exhaust, Front Mount etc

I'll advertise once I've posted and I'm sure if the price is too high someone will correct me :)

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Im honestly not sure of the price in England.
Personally I'd pay 2400,2800 between clean and really clean

triple j

Member +
You can do that door yourself man its easy once u start it u will finish it no bother, the prices of starlets are all different depends on what is put in to them, there is forged starlets going for 2000 euro over here and i dont no how them lads can make there money back, as gt td04 said sell it for what your happy with.

AdamB

Member +
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
With that sort of spec and aslong as it's clean I'd say £2200, £2300.
I picked up my GT with a hybrid turbo and bottom end rebuild with less than 2000 miles on it for £2300, needs a lick of paint though.

Texx

Super Moderator
Do they actually sell for that kind of money? Looking at what's been floating about recently, I came to the conclusion my GT was worth about £1200 on a good day.

yaristurbo

Member +
This was my estimate as well, its ok to have a high price but how long are u gonna have it up for sale? Hopefully the prices may go up in summet again

nazzurro19

Member +
well tbh dude the starlet market is going down n down i picked up my Gt 2 years ago for £2100 and thought that was a bargain n now im specd up to sheite i am td04 etc etc but i struggled to get £2500

how do people get there money back someone asked .... easy ya break em

if you sell it the £1500-£2000 depeing on condition spec etc

Jack138

Member +
I spoke to (Quinn) insurance today and they said I can suspend my car insurance (I'll still pay, but I get a rebate when I decide to drive it again) so I think I'll spend some time getting it in tip top conditon, advertise it and wait - not it a real rush if I'm not wasting money. Thanks for the adivce guys, it is a sad state the price of starlet, good if your stocking up though! Roll on the summer!