Need help with 4efte upgrade issues, etc.

Intoxicated

Fresh Recruit
Hey everyone.

I was running a stock 4e-fte in a Corolla AE101 until I decided to go for an upgrade. Upgraded to a T25 a/r .42 turbo - spool was good and boost was better than a CT9 as well until I came across some serious issues i.e. turbo oil leak, timing seals leaked, tappet seals leaked, car would smoke after boosting, will die down after 5500RPM. Changed all the seals and they leaked again. Was running 0.5 bar only with nothing supporting as such - had the parts and everything with me but it's a hassle getting stuff around here.

So finally, I've decided to either go back to CT9 (which never gave me any sort of trouble) or upgrade to a turbo which is better compared to a CT9 (in terms of performance) but should be as reliable as a CT9.

Mind you, its a pain to find turbo's around here .. I could easily source CT12b (Diesel and 1JZ, both), TD04, TD05, T25, GT28, and a few more I guess. Body weight of AE101 is around 2750lbs FTR.

A mate strongly suggested to go for CT12B (is it any better than T25?)

What I want out of it is around 180whp, I hope it's not too much to ask for from a ct12b. Lol

I trusted a so called tuner but he has probably ruined my motor and I don't want to go to him anymore - I'd appreciate if you knowledgeable people out there could help me do this on my own.

Thanks.

Last edited:

STARLET N/A

Member +
look into threads for TD04 setups,

its tried and tested and you can acheive 180whp from it with stock internals with management