**Need help with insurance**

Hi Guys & Girls,

Just wondering who is the best to go to for insurance on a EP91 Glanza. Im 18 and it will be under my mothers name who has been driving 27 years and has 6 years no claim bonus?
Any help with this would be great.
Christy

gv1.3

Admin
Im with Quinn Direct never had any issues with them. They didnt have a Glanza V on their system though but after much wrangling with them they do now :)

Derek

Lifer
Quinn direct would be your best bet they might have a problem with your age and the car. ive been with them 7 years and i had trouble insuring my glanza with them.

well if hes putting it in his mums name like he said then theres nothing illegal by going to diamond personally id put it in his own name to build up no claims but maybe not be able to afford that

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Yeah but will his mum drive it. Ever? I though getting a policy in someones name who has no intention of ever driving the vehicle and having the named driver being the full time driver was a little naughty?

I thought insurance fronting was illegal?

Whats insurance fronting?
I would prefer to be on my own policy but I cant find someone to insure me on my own. Has anyone at 18 got insured on a EP91 on their own policy and who with?
I have the money to pay it, its getting someone to insure me. I will try diamond.
Thanks Christy

Yes totally agree with you but nowadays younger folk are doing it all the time however insurance companies are starting to click on and whenever 97glanza says his car to them they`l know prob straight away but then again maybe his mum will drive it or maybe she wont

I understand this, but who said that my mum wont drive the car?
Secondly do use know of anyone who will insure me on the EP91 on my own? I dont care how much I pay as long as they will do it. Is there any special insurance companies for modified cars?
Thanks Christy

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Not really mate, most (if not all) insurance companies have clicked on to just how tasty these cars are so you're kinda screwed.

gv1.3

Admin
your details say you are in Donegal... yet you are saying you will try these UK companies... is your car Irish registered? If it is then no point people suggesting UK companies

your details say you are in Donegal... yet you are saying you will try these UK companies... is your car Irish registered? If it is then no point people suggesting UK companies

The car isnt registered yet, so depending on where I can get insured on the car (north or south) then I will put the according plates on the car. Also before anyone says you need to register the car where you live I live both north and south so it doesnt matter which way.
Thanks Christy

y3Lo

Member +
when i was 18 i had an mg zr, it was only 1 group lower than my starlet and i was paying about £200 a month...that might give you a little insight into the cost.

Johnny_C

Lifer
mines is 1090 euro with quinn.
22 and its down as turbo.
when i was 18 i could barely get the 1.3 insured.you may try quinn.