Need help with wiring looms urgent

bucketep91

Member +
So im at the finishing stages with the turbo conversion on my ep95 but im stuck here
Having a bot of bother with some wiring looms, was hoping i wouldnt have to change the rear loom in the car for the fte conversion so the na loom is still in at the rear all the way past the handbrake lever where it should connect to the dash loom. So the plug that goes from the rear loom to dash loom is a grey female plug, but the one on the dash loom is also a grey female plug.

This is the plug at the end of the na loom left. And the plug at the end of the glanza 1 on the right
photo-6.jpg

I have the rear wiring loom for a glanza here but there doeant seem to be a plug for the fuel pump on it plus i dont want to have to fuck about with the rear lights. The glanza loom however has the right male plug at the end where it meets the dash loom but the wires are all different colours.

So what can i do?

bucketep91

Member +
Bump

Can i just take the plug off the glanza loom and put it on 1 of the looms as both have the same female plug, or is it not as simple as that?

aidan

Member +
what your goin to have to do is find out what each wire going back does then match them and use the plug ya need

weeJohn

Lifer
I would keep the n/a loom in the rear, and cut the socket off the n/a loom to join to the Glanza dash loom. The EP95 has 2 fuel senders as the tank is humped in the middle, even if you us the Glanza rear loom it still needs modified. Have a look at the wires on the dash plug, the might correspond to the n/a loom better, but from the brief experience I have with the 95 loom, the yellow/black is the fuel sender return wire, the red is the fuel pump feed, the white/black is an earth and the other wires are for the fuel pump feed, the sender feed and I think the sender uses its own earth.

bucketep91

Member +
Was hoping u would see this john!
the 2 that are suppost to plug together are the exact same plug, the male plug u see there is on the rear glanza loom thats unfitted. Do u mean cut that off and join it to the dash loom? Or cut both female plugs and join the wires?

Was hoping everything would be plug and play but its never that simple is it.

Thanks john;)

weeJohn

Lifer
I would cut the n/a plug off the n/a dash loom and join the Glanza dash loom wires onto it. That means any wires in the Glanza dash loom you dont need can be just taped up. You could do it any way, but I am not a fan of cutting out plugs and soldering wires together.

bucketep91

Member +
Didnt thInk of that, ill dig out the na dashloom 2morrow and see if the wires correspond to the glanza dash loom and go from there, hopefully they are the same.

Thanks john!

bucketep91

Member +
Had a wee look today, chopped the plug off and started joining wires. Theres 10 wires on each plug but only 6 or 7 match up
I have these left on the plug from te na loom
photo-7.jpg

And i have these left on the glanza loom
photo-8.jpg

Tracing those green 1s back on the glanza rear loom it looks like there for the rear lights?
Will i need to split the full loom and see what goes where?

weeJohn

Lifer
Those white n/a loom wires are all earths, the red is a switched power wire. They could be joined into the loom somewhere at the dash. If the n/a rear loom in the car already goes to the rear lights, you dont need the Glanza loom wires connected.

bucketep91

Member +
So i should just splice the white ones to another earth or the earthing points behind here the cup holders go?
And splice the red 1s to a power source like the radio?
Sorry for all the questions john electrics isnt a strong point of mine

weeJohn

Lifer
That should do the job. Be careful where you splice the red to, there is a circuit of red and black with 1 silver bar on it and a different circuit of red and black with 2 silver bars on it. Best not to mix them up.

weeJohn

Lifer
If you have removed the part of the n/a loom that connects the rear lights to the dash loom, you will have to trace where they are and connect them.

bucketep91

Member +
Ive not removed it its still attached to the female plug. Would it be ok to take them off the plug and join them together?

weeJohn

Lifer
Better to tape the ends up separately, the earths could be joined together but not those. For now your best bet is to leave everything so that it can be used again if needed. Tape up loose ends you are not sure about, get the looms connected together and accessible, then start testing the circuits one at a time to see if they all work.