Need some help with bumper mesh for FMIC

Monty

Member +
I am buying a FMIC this month and i dunno wether to mesh the bumper or not, what do you guys think? Also if i mesh it i still want the FMIC to be clearly visible. Can i get some very fine mesh?

Where the best place to get, and which type to get? Also any pics of meshed bumpers with FMIC's please post them up (,")

GT_Neil

Member +
surely with no mesh a stone could just kill you IC

saying that i have no mesh still, on my to do list though.

ChrisGT

Member +
I chose mesh because I was afraid a stone would own my IC. Heres a couple pics; gonna rub down and respray the bits where I had to cut:

100_1088.jpg

100_1096.jpg

turbo-dan

Member +
i have just meshed mine this weekend got my mesh from halfords for £20 as i cant be arsed with going else were to save £2 lol

sorry for pic but this was when i trial fitted it before clean and finnish

Photo-0058-1.jpg

Gee

Member +
Say no to mesh!

But if your worried about stones, make it discreet!

I have run without mesh for yrs and have never experienced a rouge stone.

ChrisGT

Member +
My mesh is made of STEEL! Ain't no stone getting through it, ever. Ha, nah I guess your right. Piece of mind tho!

dan_ep82

Member +
i never ran with mesh and never even had a bent fin! my dad never has mesh on his supra either but that was hit in japan by a rock but did't cause much damage!

dave-izzle

Member +
Well, lets put it this way......

If a stone is going to ruin your day, it will!

Here's a little story for ya which happened to me the other day...

Popped my bonnet to do my weekly checks and somehow, some rougue stone on a mission had somehow found it's way through my bonnet scoop, then through the mesh on the TMIC and lodged itself in the fins!

Monty

Member +
Well, lets put it this way......

If a stone is going to ruin your day, it will!

Here's a little story for ya which happened to me the other day...

Popped my bonnet to do my weekly checks and somehow, some rougue stone on a mission had somehow found it's way through my bonnet scoop, then through the mesh on the TMIC and lodged itself in the fins!
I rest my case! Lol, no i want it just to stop stuff hitting the cooler. Have seen some fucked up coolers due to stones around my way. I live in anew estate with dumpers riding by 3-4 times a day easy. There is grit everywhere and stones.

MJA

Member +
i run without mesh, and it was fine..............until i pulled up behind some TW*T in a gritting lorry on the motorway a few weeks ago. stupid c*nt showered my intercooler with crap.

but even with mesh, all the small bits would have passed straight through. thankfully it didn't do too much damage, just a couple of small bends in a few of the fins. mesh will only stop big stones from hitting the cooler, but there arn't many of them around unless you live on a farm or something!