Need some more help, PAS and Alternator pulley!

Rik

Member +
Right, when taking the pulley off where the power steering and alternator belt go on, I think me and my mate might have buckled it abit (we've snapped some of the edge off anyway). I had to get a bar behind it to pry it towards me and he had to hammer it abit with an extension socket and hammer.

When I've come to putting it back on it wobbles like a reet behatch and my friend came round in his ATS van to buzz the pulley up so it's on fair tight. He said when he usually buzzes em back up the socket will stop turning but with mine it keeps wanting to turn so I'm not sure if it's pulling the pulley back to where it should be to stop it wobbling? or if it might just be fooking it up! He said I could keep trying to buzz it up myself as he didn't want to fack owt up but I didn't fancy it!

So thought I would ask you guys what you recommend doing? I've already posted up in the wanted section for a new pulley as could do with one due to the damage I've done to this one :(

Rik

Member +
Bumpity bump :p Drove car before and I'm scared that me belts might pop off lol, someone please heeeeelp meee :D

C

CaL

try undoing the belt so its slack they doing it...how did you snap some off??if it doesnt do up when its slack get new pulley and bolts.....