need some opinions on turbo

aidan

Member +
Ok so my original plan was to be running a Garrett t25 on standard internals at 1bar boost but due to some engine problems I'm now going forged so here is where I don't really no what to do. The t25 that I have I'm told won't take anymore than 1bar boost which is utterly pointless on a forged engine imo so now I'm thinking about a t28r which will take loads of boost but will it be laggy ? The pistons I got are 8.5.1 ratio and got a 1mm head gasket so will be close to stock cr.

Opinions please

Thanks

Aidan

Skalabala

Member +
If you are talking about ball bearing Gt28 then I am sure you will not regret it. Won't be to laggy.
I had a normal T28 and it was not to laggy.

elison

Member +
Go for the disco potato(GT28RS) buddy. As Skalabala said you wont regret it. It makes tons of power and lag wise its like 3 or 4hundred rmp lagier than the td04. If you have a good combination and good tune its totally worth it. Not to mention the GTX versions but you need some deep pockets for them.

aidan

Member +
Don't really want to go splashing out on a new turbo so it will be just a normal s15 turbo t28r ballbearing turbo. So you think I'd have a bar boost just after 4k really