Need to know what injectors! 550s or near that cc

jf84

Member +
Iv searched and searched and searched and searched (you get the point) for some 550s out of an rx7, even rang mazda and asked for them new out of a fc3s and they said something like "230 each injector?

Iv looked everywhere to what else will just plug straight in that havent got to pay like £300 for?!

What other cars can they come out of that will fit with very slight modifcation or what ever if someone could make a list and state what modifcation is needed if any then it would be great help! Iv been searching for some for about 6 weeks now.
Cheers

TurboDave

Member +
Try and find some 560cc EVO injectors - better spray pattern.

Do Evo injectors fit then? I have a few sets of 510's here out of an Evo 3 which are good for 330bhp.

Cleaning them isnt hastle it costs £40 and they are back with you in 2 days with a flow report before and after.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Do Evo injectors fit then? I have a few sets of 510's here out of an Evo 3 which are good for 330bhp.

Cleaning them isnt hastle it costs £40 and they are back with you in 2 days with a flow report before and after.

I find those flow reports a bit dubious. I've seen too many come back with exactly the same data for each injector, it's clear they are bollocks. I refuse to beleve that you can send injectors, some up to 20 years old, to a company and they'll all come back with exactly the same flow.

TurboDave

Member +
I find those flow reports a bit dubious. I've seen too many come back with exactly the same data for each injector, it's clear they are bollocks. I refuse to beleve that you can send injectors, some up to 20 years old, to a company and they'll all come back with exactly the same flow.

Ive read things as well but my report was pretty believable gaining about 10cc per injector, and they sent all of the old filters back which were buzzing.

I sent them for the piece of mind that they are all functioning correctly rather than any "huge" gain.

lanxter

Member +

Yes they do got some 560's out of an evo in my GT