neighbour problem (am i in the wrong)

dx/dy

Member +
wot do u think guys am i in the wrong or is she?

right wot is happenin is i park my car at my brothers as he's got a garage, an plus the car is registed at that address, the problem is the next door neighbour well eva since i bought my gt shes been havin a go at me saying my car is 2 loud iv been trna make as less noise as possible as at fisrt i used 2 leave it running 4 a few mins to let it warm up now i dont evn do that, yet she still comes out and start swearin at me iv nva said anything 2 her till 2 night when i got so pissed off coz she came out and start calling me a bastard n god knows wot else, then i asked her y u always havin a go at me and swearin, she goes coz u dnt live here n ur car is 2 loud, she also said my car is a pile of shit, then alot of words were exchanged. i dont think my car is loud as i had a e30 beema b4 this and the exhaust was much louder than this she nva used 2 say anything 2 me then, i also had a golf tdi. no compaint, all my cars since i passed iv always parked am there shes nva said anthing eva. untill i bought the gt, all the other neighbours are sound. im gna go round 2morrow and ask all the neighbours if they think my car is 2 loud. if it is then ill move it n park it on my street. oh yeah she also said she gna report me for noise pollution i go go a head. i dnt say anthing 2 her when she's gt music blasting, or her dogs barking. so i dnt see y she has to hav a go at me. thers other cars across the road that r much more louder than mine, yet she dnt say anything 2 them mayb coz im next door. wot do u guys think i should do? do u reckon shes in the wrong or am i?

davehart

Member +
If nobody else is complaining about the noise she is bang on in the wrong and even so.

If she had an issue about the noise she should not come out the house shouting and swearing at you, thats just not right and no way to go about anything. No respect for people who just go off like that.

Bollocks to the stupid bitch I say as she sounds like a right twat moaning for the sake of it. If she says its to loud and starts moaning just keep a cool head, smile politely and ask her about the weather. No better way to deal with twats like that than just ignore what they are on about.

dx/dy

Member +
i dunno lad, jus ask the neighbours and see, what exhaust u got on?!

dnt know it al ready came with the car, its some aftermarket 1, its silent when its idling then it gets louder when u put ur foot down, its dnt say wot make it is, all it says is 4 race use only underneeth it

Craig_GT

Lifer
If you have permission to use that land by the owner then tell her to go fuck herself! i got a similar neighbour who aint best pleased the now cos av got a GT sittin in my drive on axle stands which am breakin plus my main car out in the street.. which i warm up and cool down everyday. winds them up even more :D

Monkfish

Member +
Ask the other neighbours, see if they have any problems with the car. If they don't, tell her to crack on and report you to the Police. They'll look into it (if they can be arsed) and if they can prove (by means of a sound test with a calibrated dB meter) that your car is too loud, then move the car elsewhere or change the exhaust.

If the neighbours don't complain and the Police say nothing and she's still bitching, try to reason with her. The last you want is her getting arsey with your Brother because of your car, or worse, your car getting damaged.

If all else fails, politely tell her to "take her face for a shit". :p

Last edited:

dx/dy

Member +
If nobody else is complaining about the noise she is bang on in the wrong and even so.

If she had an issue about the noise she should not come out the house shouting and swearing at you, thats just not right and no way to go about anything. No respect for people who just go off like that.

Bollocks to the stupid bitch I say as she sounds like a right twat moaning for the sake of it. If she says its to loud and starts moaning just keep a cool head, smile politely and ask her about the weather. No better way to deal with twats like that than just ignore what they are on about.
thanks man i always try ignoring her, but 2night i jus lost it, as i had a bad day at work n then comin home n she havin a go at me, enough is enough. i think shes a bit depressed as her husband left her and went of with a girl half his age. but still dosen't gve her the rite to take it out on me. wot pisses me off is when she cmes out and starts yelling (turn that fucking car off) at night when my nephew and niece are a slp she wakes am up with all the bad language she uses its not on.

Dave.

Member +
thanks man i always try ignoring her, but 2night i jus lost it, as i had a bad day at work n then comin home n she havin a go at me, enough is enough. i think shes a bit depressed as her husband left her and went of with a girl half his age. but still dosen't gve her the rite to take it out on me. wot pisses me off is when she cmes out and starts yelling (turn that fucking car off) at night when my nephew and niece are a slp she wakes am up with all the bad language she uses its not on.

I'd tell her that the silly cow. "Shut your hole, no wonder your husband left you, bint"

Be honest ;)

Monkfish

Member +
I'd tell her that the silly cow. "Shut your hole, no wonder your husband left you, bint"

Be honest ;)

Other choice insults would be..

"I bet you can shit..."

"By any chance does your mouth bleed every 28 days?"

"You have a face like a sack of rusty spanners..."

"Would you like some Pedigree Chum? I've heard it stops dogs yapping..."

Or something like that. :p

dx/dy

Member +
Ask the other neighbours, see if they have any problems with the car. If they don't, tell her to crack on and report you to the Police. They'll look into it (if they can be arsed) and if they can prove (by means of a sound test with a calibrated dB meter) that your car is too loud, then move the car elsewhere or change the exhaust.

If the neighbours don't complain and the Police say nothing and she's still bitching, try to reason with her. The last you want is her getting arsey with your Brother because of your car, or worse, your car getting damaged.

If all else fails, politely tell her to "take her face for a shit". :p
lol, yeah thats y i dnt say anthing 2 her i dnt wnt her 2 hav any touble with my brother.
she threated me 2day that she gna damage my car, i said 2 her u try it n u wnt hav no windows left ( i was jus so angry at the time) coz she was makin so much noise including her dogs barking like mad.
i dnt say anything 2 any1, but i hate it when ppl hav a go at me 4 no gud reason at all
im gna talk 2 the neighbours 2morrow

dx/dy

Member +
Other choice insults would be..

"I bet you can shit..."

"By any chance does your mouth bleed every 28 days?"

"You have a face like a sack of rusty spanners..."

"Would you like some Pedigree Chum? I've heard it stops dogs yapping..."

Or something like that. :p

lol nice 1

Monkfish

Member +
she threated me 2day that she gna damage my car

If she's said that, report her to the Police for threats of violence, property damage and unreasonable behaviour. Even if the Police don't do much about it there and then, it will at least be recorded that she's made the threats so that then, if she does damage your car, you can go back to the Police and they will be able to act on your previous report and pretty much nab her for the offence*. DON'T retaliate by damaging her property, you won't have a leg to stand on.

*(Basically, someone threatens to do something, X days later it happens, finger automatically gets pointed) ;)

dx/dy

Member +
If she's said that, report her to the Police for threats of violence, property damage and unreasonable behaviour. Even if the Police don't do much about it there and then, it will at least be recorded that she's made the threats so that then, if she does damage your car, you can go back to the Police and they will be able to act on your previous report and pretty much nab her for the offence*. DON'T retaliate by damaging her property, you won't have a leg to stand on.

*(Basically, someone threatens to do something, X days later it happens, finger automatically gets pointed) ;)

dnt worry i wouldnt damage any1s property its not in me 2 do that i know the consequence. i was the heat of the moment thing, i might jus do that u know (going 2 the police to report it) didnt think of that 1 cheers

spartacus

Member +
sounds like a petty arsehole trying to take her pain out on you. i'd tell her to go and fu*k herself personally. then calmly respond to the threats of violence with a "go ahead, if my car gets damaged i know where to come and no i wont damage your property. you'll just disappear." ok maybe not say it out loud but its a nice thought. yeah i agree with monkfish go to police and tell them because then they have the report before the offence takes place. this happened to me and the cousin technically slightly differant context tho. me and the cousin were driving through a housing development a night few weeks back and the whole place was covered in ice so there was no chance of going fast. in actual fact we were driving not revving at all on idle in first gear allbeit in an evo 8. we passed a man and woman with their two kids did i mention this was at half 2 in the morning? even tho we were going no more than 10mph when we turned round it slid a bit wen we were turning because it was soo slippy. coming back out the woman jumps into the road waving her hands for us to slow down and as we are only doing 10mph at the best we stop and ask her what her problem is were she starts into a full verbal assault. i calmy tells her to stop talking shite. her husband steps in and starts threatening us with violence. we calmly explained he hadnt a chance as in all eventualities there was two of us and that he was some example to his kids. he then threatened us with police action. we had passed a police car sitting in the town so we went and told them what had happened they came down looked at the scene said that we were telling the truth and did the man and woman for disturbing the peace. wheras if we hadnt reported them. the police would have thought evo+ice+accusations of messing about= foregone conclusion. unfair but it happens.

Kelly

Member +
You're not in the wrong no. When my numpty neighbour got in the habit of sitting in his car and just revving i got told that isnt actually something i can get him done for i can get him done if he was blaring music out tho? :S

My neighbours must be very supportive as i have gt's, gt4 and evo9 that usually leave my house around 12am or 1am and when they all start up to go home its very loud but they dont purposly make that noise its just the car on idle etc

I think you should write down all the things she says to and when ask someone for advice (local police station) before things get out of hand :(

Yeah im lucky my next door neighbours are cool alot older so cant hear a thing plus they just went and bought a ST which suprised the hell of me.. but at the end of the day if your car is not loud and below the legal DB limit like you think then you can drive your car anywhere and park your car anywhere and no one can tell you different if that is the case then just laugh at her it will annoy her more than any insult.. u might want to look into doing that as if she does call the police and you are over the DB plus ur exhaust says race use only you might look embrassed but good luck pal anyway sorto had the same experience pain in the ass

turboflow

Member +
wot do u think guys am i in the wrong or is she?

right wot is happenin is i park my car at my brothers as he's got a garage, an plus the car is registed at that address, the problem is the next door neighbour well eva since i bought my gt shes been havin a go at me saying my car is 2 loud iv been trna make as less noise as possible as at fisrt i used 2 leave it running 4 a few mins to let it warm up now i dont evn do that, yet she still comes out and start swearin at me iv nva said anything 2 her till 2 night when i got so pissed off coz she came out and start calling me a bastard n god knows wot else, then i asked her y u always havin a go at me and swearin, she goes coz u dnt live here n ur car is 2 loud, she also said my car is a pile of shit, then alot of words were exchanged. i dont think my car is loud as i had a e30 beema b4 this and the exhaust was much louder than this she nva used 2 say anything 2 me then, i also had a golf tdi. no compaint, all my cars since i passed iv always parked am there shes nva said anthing eva. untill i bought the gt, all the other neighbours are sound. im gna go round 2morrow and ask all the neighbours if they think my car is 2 loud. if it is then ill move it n park it on my street. oh yeah she also said she gna report me for noise pollution i go go a head. i dnt say anthing 2 her when she's gt music blasting, or her dogs barking. so i dnt see y she has to hav a go at me. thers other cars across the road that r much more louder than mine, yet she dnt say anything 2 them mayb coz im next door. wot do u guys think i should do? do u reckon shes in the wrong or am i?

first tell her she's a twat and then round up as many cars with peformance exhuasts minus yours ofcourse and get them to park in a semi cirle all pointing at the front door and then... rev the bollocks off of em for a while until she goes proper mental but when she ask deny all knowledge and it did not disturb you. would be so much fun.

owen

59bhp

Member +
i think shes a bit depressed as her husband left her and went of with a girl half his age.

Poor woman prob just needs a reet good shag, you could kill 2 birds with one stone.

lol i have a neighbour that tells me to "stop driving like a nob" when im pulling into our street even though i do like 5mph as theyre are quite a few kids knocking about the place that play in the street. I just give him to finger and drive on lol

I even asked my other neighbours if they think i drive to fast when im coming in and they said no. Plus this guy is a bloody biker and hes overtook me doing some silly speeds before. Tosser.