New back box - Mess up my map?

OllieTurbo

Member +
Well got my car back from ricky at race tech yesterday after having a td04 kit fitted and mapped to 1.1 bar on an emanage blue :) im loving it at the moment tbh, however my back box is getting really bad now, ricky did mention it to me and said im going to need a new one as the baffles inside it have come loose and are starting to make very strange noises. Also its only 2.25inch. If you lot give the go ahead im going to go to longlife and get a 2.5 inch back box fitted tomorrow. The only thing im worried about is if its going to mess my map up? :confused:

OllieTurbo

Member +
ha was hoping someone was going to say go ahead, so you dont thin its gonna affect the map by much atal then bud?

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
depends how bad the baffle's are mate, you should be able to feel it holding back, i would'nt be going to mad on it tho

OllieTurbo

Member +
ahright, mm im not too sure the baffles are holding the car back, it just really does sound very unhealthy, so is it going to be safe to go up to 2.5 inch tomorrow with out getting any mapping done ? as i dont have a wideband gauge

OllieTurbo

Member +
ahh ok , so i think ill get the back box fitted tomorrow, then take it easy for a couple of weeks till i can get it up to the local rollers just to check the fueling and maybe get it tweeked if it needs it. I dont think theres anypoint in making the 6hour round trip to racetech just to check the fueling and possibly tweak it.

Without having a wideband will there be any other indicators for me to look at for that will tell me that its not right?

lol they seem to have it all coverd over on the uksc http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27105&hl= :rolleyes:

Rory

Lifer
See if there is anyone local to you with access to a wideband, aye not a company.

Obviously if you dont know what to aim for on the wideband, then take it to someone who does.

OllieTurbo

Member +
oo thats a good ideal, ha ill make a thread tomorrow to c if any1 can help me around my area thats got 1 :) cheerz for the help

rory and gaz both repped