New Brake Pad options?

standard calipers and discs. can't make up my mind what pads to get.

thinking of going for Mintex 11 44s or Redstuff pads.

what du guys recon?

thanks, tom.

mintex are supposed to be good although I've not used them myself i am using yellowstuff a big improvement to standard pads imo still think i will use the mintex next as I've heard lots of good comments

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
mintex are supposed to be good although I've not used them myself i am using yellowstuff a big improvement to standard pads imo still think i will use the mintex next as I've heard lots of good comments

im the opposite lol Ive used the 1144 and now going to try out the yellowstuff on the next track day

but the 1144's get the thumbs up from me

Fizturbo

Member +
Av also used the mintex 1144 pads on standard and after market disks,gona try the yellowstuff next :)
heard very good reviews about the yellowstuff pads.

cheers guys, great help, but where can i source some mintex 11 44s from. i've currently got standard discs and calipers etc but there's none on ebay (which is where i usually get a lot stuff from). General motor places a better bet?

thanks, tom.

Arnold

Lifer
I've got yellowstuff pads and they started to eat away the discs after not very long. Also they do take a bit of heating up to be effective. The next pads i'll be trying are by Carbotech

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I've got yellowstuff pads and they started to eat away the discs after not very long. Also they do take a bit of heating up to be effective. The next pads i'll be trying are by Carbotech

yea I heard they are hard on discs, they apparently like to crack discs too under hard use..

cheers for the posts guys, gonna go for some mintex 11 44s i think, heard some great reviews for them. but actually in the long run gonna get some Wilwood 4 pots for the front. seen them on tm_developments and just can't resist. :)